Samsung netbook TSV Sunday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Talking about Archos, I havent seen them on Q for ages! Don't they sell them anymore?

Rich

Last edited:
I think the netbook Debbie Flint showed last night had the Samsung name in large embossed letters going right across the front.

Hope this is a good one.
My previous Samsung netbook TSV is beginning to feel the strain!

I've got the very first one they did but I could do with a tiny bit bigger screen, if they do netbooks any bigger, I would definitely want one just have to wait and see, I'm sure somebody will find out soon

Samsung NS310 10.1" Pebble Dual Core Netbook with 250GB HDD Wifi & Bluetooth
Item Number: 564977
QVC Price £345.00
Today's Special Value Price £298.44
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Samsung NS310 netbook with dual core Intel Atom processor and 1GB RAM. Featuring an ultra-light pebble design, a super-bright 10.1" backlit display with a fantastic resolution, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, plus a backlit keyboard to help you see the keys day or night. Find a powerful, portable PC that fits your style with this little beauty from Samsung. Direct despatch: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery. UK mainland only.
Samsung's Fast Start feature means that your PC can be booted up and ready to work in a matter of moments.

Enjoy fast, smooth performance with a dual core Intel Atom processor and 1GB of memory.

The bright 10.1" widescreen display features an impressive 1024 x 600 resolution so you can browse the internet without having to scroll from left to right.

The stylish design is attractive and practical with rounded corners to stop your netbook catching on loose items in your bag.

Stay connected with friends and family wherever you find an open wireless signal thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi and webcam.

Connect to your Bluetooth-enabled devices such as smartphones and headsets wirelessly with the NS310's built-in Bluetooth connectivity.

If you have any difficulties with setup and beyond, the Talk Me Through It team will be on hand with all the gadget advice and support you'll need. Find out more…

How does a netbook differ from a laptop?
A netbook is a PC that is designed to be as portable as possible. The defining characteristic of a netbook is that it has no optical disc drive and generally features a screen no larger than 11" to save on size and weight.

Technical specifications:

* Display: 10.1" WSVGA (1024 x 600) with LED back-light
* Processor: dual core Intel Atom N550 (1.5GHz, 667MHz, 2 x 512KB)
* Memory: 1GB DDR3 RAM
* Hard disk capacity: 250GB
* Graphics card: Intel GMA3150
* Speakers: 2 x 1.5W built-in stereo speakers
* Webcam: built-in 0.3MP
* Kensington Lock Port
* Battery: lithium-ion three-cell battery (up to five hours battery life)
* Weight: 1.06kg
* Dimensions: 26.6cm x 18.6cm x 2.495cm (10.5" x 7.3" x 1")

Input/output:

* 1 x VGA
* 1 x headphone out
* 1 x internal mic
* 1 x 4-in-1 multi card slot (SD, SDHC, SDXC and MMC)
* 3 x USB 2.0
* 1 x Ethernet (RJ45)
* 1 x DC-in

Software:

* Genuine Windows 7 Starter
* Norton Internet Security
* BIOS Boot Up Password
* HDD Password
* Samsung Recovery Solution
* Norton Internet Security - 60-day trial

What's in the box?

* Samsung NS310 netbook
* Quick start guide
* Warranty information
* AC adaptor

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.564977

ive searched and cheapest is about £285 so not much difference but qvc will prob put it on easy pays

I'm interested in this and the easy pay is tempting but would appreciate some advice. I don't know anything about netbooks and wonder if someone could tell me how you would get the internet on it. Is this a good netbook and has anyone else decided to buy it? Thanks.

I have had a Samsung netbook for years and have been really happy with it you access the internet exactly the same as you do witha laptop either wirelessly or you can connect directly via a cable or use a mobile dongle thingy.
There are a couple of drawbacks to netbooks I think
1. There is no CD drive so you either have to buy an external one and connect via usb, download software etc from the internet or using your wireless network access the cd drive of another computer in the house
2. If you are planning on doing a lot of office work the screen is a lot smaller so there can be an awful lot of scrolling
3. Again because of the lack of a cd drive you have to back up either to a usb pen or buy an external storage device
4. The keyboard is a little smaller than on a laptop and there is no seperate number pad you use the Ftn button to type numbers

Apart from those few things I think a netbook meets the needs of most people especially if you use the internet whilst watching the TV as they dont get as hot as a laptop and you can sit on the sofa with it on your knees easily
I use mine when I am out and about a lot with mobile broadband as well as in the house and took it with me to America last year and used the hotel wireless internet. As I said would have been very tempted if I had not just got a new I pad. Samsung netbooks in my experience have been excellent and that seems like a fairly good price the only pricing I have been able to find is in Euros and that was 399 which is around £350

Thanks very much for your reply delh. :sun: You've made it much clearer for me now I understand a little more of what is involved. I have always been very pleased with anything that I have bought from Samsung which is why I am tempted and of course the easy payments are useful. The lack of cd drive does put me off so I think I will give this a lot of thought before deciding as it can be easy to get sucked in and then find it is not what you wanted. Thanks.

Hi Icebubble. I've got the old version, the NC10. I must have had it a couple of years now and I've never had any problems with it. It's on every day pretty much from when I get up to when I go to bed. Lots of Craft Telly ! lol I would be tempted by the TSV but DH has just bought me an iPad as we've just swapped over to Macs.

I have an NC10, but have never really been happy with it. The performance just isn't up to scratch even though it has 2GB RAM. I don't think I'd bother with a netbook again and I will replace it with a small laptop when I can justify it.

I would use this mainly for accessing email and the occasional quick surf whilst travelling, is it suitable for me or not?
Not really sure what Dual Core means?

I'm not a techy but my new netbook had windows 7 and 1GB RAM and it was a but slow compared to my old one which ran XP on 1GB RAM. My IT guys upgraded it to 2GB RAM and it's now really nippy. So if you're replacing an old one you might not find much improvement in how fast it is. I'm told it's windows 7 that's the issue. The memory upgrade was £20 but obviously can't be done within the money back guarantee period.

I can't compare all the other bits and bobs because I just don't know but wanted to sound a note of warning. Someone more technical than me might explain it better or shoot me down in flames.

I would use this mainly for accessing email and the occasional quick surf whilst travelling, is it suitable for me or not?
Not really sure what Dual Core means?

Yes it will be suitable, dual core just means 2 processors

Honestly you can get a decent Netbook for £150 that will do what you require

Latest posts

Back