WTF Is Size ZERO!!?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
FFS!! Who is that idiot bint on now who keeps saying the rings are size ZERO instead of size O?? :headbang:

She is also one of the stupid brigade who insist on pronouncing the marquise ( pr. markeez) cut as marquis (pr. marquee) which is incorrect in this context. She has obviously been told the marquise cut was credited to King Louis XV of France, who commissioned his court jeweller to create a diamond cut to reflect the beautiful shape of the mouth of his mistress Madame de Pompadour.

Quick French lesson:
marquise is feminine
marquis is masculine

Now because Madame de Pompadour was a woman the cut was obviously given the feminine name of marquise which is pronounced markeez It's not really that difficult is it?? :thinking:

I assume this presenter (and a few others) at TJC have copied the way Ms Marshall incorrectly pronounces it because they think she's posh and therefore must be right. :rolleyes:.

So would these presenters please refer to this http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marquise and click on the symbol to actually hear how it should be pronounced.

Isn't it sad they are so ignorant of very basic French?? :dull:

Found her a complete turnoff, have seen her once before, presumably all the decent presenters were unavailable because of Easter.

Equally infuriating is hearing that pearls are coated with nacre as in "backer" instead of nacre as in "baker." I can just about forgive the Welsh? lady because she clearly has a problem with the pronounciation of English but from Chloe!!!!!!!!! I expect much better.
Best wishes from Springflower.

I was having a quick look at TJC before going to bed last night and I couldn't believe how bad the woman was! I don't like to be negative to new presenters but she really was bad. I assume this is her first TV job as she really doesn't have the right tone of voice for TV. I found her voice very annoying and too high pitched somehow. I can't explain it but it was really grating on me. How sad it is with Gems scraping the bottle of the barrel, Rocks & Co selling stones set in paper thin gold at exorbitant prices and TJC just totally losing the plot! I used to always promote TJC but sadly they have got rid of the good presenters and kept the awful ones and have brought back the very long, very boring auctions which was, imho, the worst thing about the old TJC. If they are not making enough sales then what on earth made them revert to old boring TJC instead of looking for a new, quirky, happy TJC or even following the advice they are given on here by people who know. Change the presenters - have a good clean out and start again by getting on your hands and knees and begging the likes of John Scott, Jim Brooman, Ian Gardner etc to come back. There was also a really bubbly, chatty dark haired girl there a few years ago and she was great - bring her back too. Change these auctions that last a long weekend and get back to the quick snappy auctions to keep people interested. That's just a start but even those two things will bring back the viewers, believe me!

You are absolutely right Klosblue they should bring John, Jim and Ian back, I would also like to see Elissa again, she was always a pleasure to watch.

You are absolutely right Klosblue they should bring John, Jim and Ian back, I would also like to see Elissa again, she was always a pleasure to watch.

Oh I totally forgot about Elissa! Yes, she needs to come back too. You never got any screaching or histrionics with her, she was a pleasure to watch.

Completely agree with Klos"I can't beleeeve" how long they spend on each auction now,its so incredibly boring.....so bad I've started watching Gems again.
Also the jewellery seems uninspired the delivery takes foreverand I think you covered everything with the presenters.
What happened to the cheery,snappy auctions of the past?

Jewellery sales slump as gold prices rise....

An interesting article in Friday's Telegraph with the above heading. According to the hallmarking industry "the slump is largely due to women no longer buying gold jewellery for themselves".

On Thursday the price of gold reached a record high of £910 ($1,507) per troy ounce and apparently the number of pieces being assayed has dropped considerably.....in the past year alone!

So....desperation stakes for TJC? I no longer watch it as the rings are too big anyway. I liked Elissa and little Jim Brooman most!

Last time i ordered which was on the 17th of April, it was dispatched on 18th, and i received it on the 19th, so i thought that was pretty quick!

Latest posts

Back