Oh dear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wireless

Registered Shopper
Oh dear Steve,

Watching your Annabella showcase show and I hear you in person tell your audience that we are watching a reverse auction and how you are making a loss on items that are being reduced and naming dropping designer names...........oh dear.

We can hardly rant and rave on this forum about your team of presenters , when the boss himself talks of reverse auctions etc live on air....oh dear.

I watched it too and I thought we had moved on from the genuine reverse auction (not) patter and how the company is selling items at a loss (in a bid to attract new customers).
All to patronising for me , my company , my gem cutters etc etc. I find the over sales talk all too boring for me now.

Switched to Alan on Gems Xtra and he is believable, watch able and I am sorely tempted to log in and buy .

Oh dear Steve.

Well, I watched the Annabella & the Gold hours and really enjoyed them.

Didn't buy anything from the silver hour but there were bargains to be had in the gold hour where they must have gone below cost on at least four of the pieces (I bought a ring).

What I enjoyed most was Steve's knowledge of the gemstones. He's a charismatic and enthusiastic presenter who I have always enjoyed watching.

I didn't mind his comments about the Coloured Rocks company. After all, I would be proud if I owned a company who did as much for charity and local communities.

Even if you don't buy from Gems, it's important to remember that their presence in the UK market keeps prices lower on other channels.

I liked the way he was trying to make out that AA Tanzinite was better than AAAA :-s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the way he was trying to make out that AA Tanzinite was better than AAAA :-s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes saw that was totally laughable, besides they grade them anyway so is all Nonsense in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I thought they were "reverse auctions". :happy: Its long time since RocksTV were taking bids from £0 upwards!
But even so it looks like I missed out on some good bargains this morning. :rolleyes:

Yes Sacha, I'm afraid you did miss out on some bargainous items.

We also heard that Gavin now thinks there are 18 years of tanzanite mining left as they can now mine at much greater depths.

Oh dear Steve,

Watching your Annabella showcase show and I hear you in person tell your audience that we are watching a reverse auction ...........

Personally, I don't have a problem with him or anyone else using that expression. Prices fall and there is obviously a 'reserve' price put on items. I attend auctions from time to time and prices increase until the item is sold. If there is a reserve price placed on an item by the seller and it isn't reached the item goes back to the seller. Sometimes there is a discretionary reserve, at the discretion of the auctioneer. It sounds pretty much like the way Gems operate - but in reverse.
LC

I am sorry I meant to say , Steve quoted Gems was a genuine falling auction company.

I to like Steve but the other presenters of Gems TV have had such criticism on this forum , for saying this and that and Scott in particular, for sounding like second hand car dealer and IMHO I thought that is what Steve sounded like this morning. That I thought the boss of a company should set by example and not tell his huge live audience that Gems Tv was a falling auction company and the line that he sells things at a loss just to move stock , seems just a bit unfair on the other presenters when they make the slightest mistake on air, we fry them for it.

There are bargins every where to be had in the jewellry industry in particular the range that ladies buy for themselves .

:handshake:

I agree with Wireless.,

There have been some quite unpleasant comments about GEMS presenters on here but I couldn't spot the difference between their banter and Steve's this morning.

For me personally I am bored of the company selling things at a loss just to please us and make us think we have an absolute of a bargain .

The jewellery industry is having a tough time so there will be bargains out there .

Some would say I don't have to watch but I just flicked on for a look see after all the comments on here about positive threads....and I flicked back off again when I saw nothing had changed that much .

At least the ladies seem to have recently remembered to wear their clothes. :blush: xxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back