Clearance pricing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Have watched a bit of a couple of clearance hours today.

The clearance price and savings amount is based on the original QVC price which is deceptive IMO.

I'd like to know what the "last to air" price was so I could see what the true saving is? :wonder:

That's my impression too ... the first clearance price is very near the intro price, maybe a little more or less. Later if an item stays around for a while in clearance and then last clicks the mark down prices become a better deal. But not really fair to raise it to the QVC price then to simply lower it to the intro price and call it a sale. :devil:

But this is classic retail marketing, it happens everywhere not just QVC. The so-called 'offers' at Britain's largest supermarket are very cleverly worked out - just enough to be within the law but made out to be something so much more special. I take my hat off to them, wish I was a shareholder.

I had that at Laura Ashley last week - bought a doorhanger marked 20% off but the final price on the receipt wasn't correct as the original price was shown as 10£. They had to admit that this was the price before the promotion started and that they'd put it up before the 20% sticker came on and had forgotten to remove the original price tag.

Latest posts

Back