Great British Teddy Bear - William

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qwerty_uiop

Registered Shopper
I saw the presentation of this the other day and noticed the guest presenter said that the uniform it was wearing was very accurate to the one 'everyone expects William to be wearing'. Anyway, just flicked over to BBC1 and noticed he is wearing a red uniform (sorry,I don't actually know what uniform is what) not the blue one the bear is wearing.

Wonder if they will bring out another one when they bring out the Catherine bear they said they would make as soon as they saw the dress.

I bought the bear when it was very first presented. The guy was more or less 100% certain the bears uniform was going to be the one that Prince William would be wearing. He even made a remark saying William would not dare show his face back at base if he had wore any other uniform. Seen as though the bear is a limited piece and suppose to be accurate. Hence that is the reason they are waiting to bring out the Kate bear because of the dress. Then I think it would be a good gesture of the company if they sent out a version of the correct uniform to all the people that purchased the William bear.
I will send an email out to QVC to suggest this, bought I dont hold out much hope.
Kind Regards Jean G

That would be a very good idea, especially if they said it was essentially 100% certain that that would be the uniform. It seems like his decision to wear what I've just found out is the Irish Guards uniform is a surprise though.

It may be a good idea to contact the company directly too:

http://www.gbteddybear.com/contact.aspx

I have just wrote an email to Qvc. Thanks for the Company email address. I will send them a copy too.
Kind Regards Jean

If the bear's supposed to be "true to the original", I wonder if it has a bald spot under the cap?

:wonder:

I complained to the Bear company and just received a reply and to be honest am a bit taken aback at the tone.

We manufactured a Limited Edition of 5000 Royal Engagement Bears presenting the Engagement Ring, 2500 of these were sold on QCV.
I have received 2 complaints yours being the second.

We are still selling this Limited Edition Royal Engagement Bear wearing his Dress "Royal Bear Force" Uniform - it is a unique souvenir of the Royal ENGAGEMENT.

On all 4 of the QCV shows the Host discussed our choice of uniform and I remarked that I thought it was possible that William may wear his Airforce Uniform to the Wedding but I also qualified this comment by stating that I could not be 100% sure.

If you feel that you have been misled then you are incorrect, however if you no longer want your William Royal Engagement Bear then you should return it and take advantage of the 30 day money back garuantee.

If QVC will not give you a refund please contact me again and I will personally refund any bear returned in a saleable condition

I have no interest in bears myself.....but I have to say, that reply was more than a bit brusque, to say the least!!

I have no interest in bears myself.....but I have to say, that reply was more than a bit brusque, to say the least!!

I posted it here just to get the feedback as I was worried I may be reading it wrong. I do think it is very rude and will be telling them so.

My reply to TGBTC

I must say I am taken aback at the tone of your response which in my opinion is nothing short of rude.

There was a HUGE emphasis put on the uniform the bear was wearing and how William would not dare show his face back at base if he had wore any other uniform.

I would have thought that an alternative uniform may have been made for purchase at least, as you are always so keen to say if anything is lost or damaged you will replace it free of charge. Having re-read your response I am now wary that this is even something you would keep to.

I have 5 bears and had intended to buy them all but will not be purchasing from your company again.

I sometimes think guests and presenters will say anything to get a sale.
I guess rushing the bear to market was a big mistake that has backfired as the uniform is wrong - yet another company cashing in on the Royal Wedding.
No wonder they are still selling them as people are not going to buy it without the Gaurds uniform he wore.

Tell him to stick his bear where the sun don't shine - Do they sell Pooh Bears? Lol

I sometimes think guests and presenters will say anything to get a sale.
I guess rushing the bear to market was a big mistake that has backfired as the uniform is wrong - yet another company cashing in on the Royal Wedding.
No wonder they are still selling them as people are not going to buy it without the Gaurds uniform he wore.

Tell him to stick his bear where the sun don't shine - Do they sell Pooh Bears? Lol

LOL Simon that is exactly what has happened. If he hadn't been so shitty with me and said we could buy a replacement later I would have been happy. His loss.

And another reply

If any part of of your bear is lost or damaged I will replace it free of charge. I have also extended this courtesy to offering to refund your purchase in the event that you have changed your mind.

If this is not good enough then I am afraid I can do no more.

Very poor! It leaves a very poor impression. They've missed an upsell opportunity: they could offer the wedding uniform for sale (sending you one for free and one to the alleged other person who complained...I'm sure there'd be more).

Some businesses don't deserve to succeed imho if they can't make turn a problem into a PR triumph. It's not rocket science is it?

Jude xx

Reply to him saying he made a monumental cock-up by selling William Bear too early and in the wrong jacket. Wish him good luck in selling the remaining bears.
I would also mention you have posted this on this forum and it will not just be you who will not be buying his products - mention a rival that you will be buying from.
His Loss.

The Great British Teddy Bear - William

I think this company was cashing in on the Royal Engagement, not the wedding! I have bought 4 of these Teddy Bears and gave them as gifts everyone loved them......he offered you a refund even if QVC would not.

Seems pretty fair to me?:wonder:

William the Royal Engagement Bear

Teesvee

I does not make sense to accuse this company of making a sale by saying anything. I bought a queen teddy bear from them last year and my daughter broke the crown. I wrote to them and asked to buy a replacement and they sent me one free of charge.

They actually say "if you loose or damage your bear we will replace it". Who was it that replied to the complaint?

:sun:

Simon

It this William Bear is a souvenir of the engagement , not the wedding. The company are bringing out a bride as a wedding souvenir.

I emailed the company this morning when I read this and got a reply within minutes.

I think you are being unfair

Very poor! It leaves a very poor impression. They've missed an upsell opportunity: they could offer the wedding uniform for sale (sending you one for free and one to the alleged other person who complained...I'm sure there'd be more).

Some businesses don't deserve to succeed imho if they can't make turn a problem into a PR triumph. It's not rocket science is it?

Jude xx

My thoughts exactly

Reply to him saying he made a monumental cock-up by selling William Bear too early and in the wrong jacket. Wish him good luck in selling the remaining bears.
I would also mention you have posted this on this forum and it will not just be you who will not be buying his products - mention a rival that you will be buying from.
His Loss.

Are we twins seperated at birth lol. Was thinking of doing just that but wondered would I be stooping to his level :giggle:

Teesvee

I does not make sense to accuse this company of making a sale by saying anything. I bought a queen teddy bear from them last year and my daughter broke the crown. I wrote to them and asked to buy a replacement and they sent me one free of charge.

They actually say "if you loose or damage your bear we will replace it". Who was it that replied to the complaint?

:sun:

I didn't say they would make a sale by saying anything. I said they sold the bear saying that was the uniform he would wear at the wedding. If it was to celebrate the engagement why mention the wedding at all and why have it in any uniform William wore a suit at the announcement.

Latest posts

Back