Is IW live? Also BAMIX comments.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I watched the 9pm Bamix POD launch, then again at 11pm.

The 11pm was a recording of the 9pm show. I thought IW was live at that time. Now I even wonder whether the 9pm was live????

BTW The "expert" kept saying the Bamix was 18,000 revs, the presenter said 17,000 revs, and it was "top of the range".

Having bought one previously, I was a bit disappointed that it was actually 17,000, not 18,000 as stated on the show I bought it from. This is 6% slower, and as it is the speed that they keep saying makes it superior to all other blenders it is a significant discrepancy.

ALSO, the instructions mentioned other models that were superior (more power and 18,000 revs) so the one they are flogging is NOT top of the range at all. Blatant lies IMO.

The 11pm was a recording of the 9pm show. I thought IW was live at that time. Now I even wonder whether the 9pm was live????

I think sometimes the 11pm and/or midnight slots are repeats. It usually says so at the bottom right of the screen, but sometimes they forget to add the marker.

The 11pm slot is always virtually identical to the 9pm one, so I'm not sure why they don't simply repeat the 9pm programme at 11pm. They could record the midnight slot at another time and everyone could go home two hours early. :happy:

Surely they could just record an hour for each of their half dozen products and repeat ad nauseam. Would we even notice the difference?

I expect the 9PM show was and then to save cash from doing something similar they stuck on a recording. They do seem to do it now and again on Ideal World.

BTW The "expert" kept saying the Bamix was 18,000 revs, the presenter said 17,000 revs, and it was "top of the range".

Having bought one previously, I was a bit disappointed that it was actually 17,000, not 18,000 as stated on the show I bought it from. This is 6% slower, and as it is the speed that they keep saying makes it superior to all other blenders it is a significant discrepancy.

If you look on the Bamix website the Swissline model does 17,000 to 18,000 RPM depending on the wattage of the country it is in - in the UK we have a decent amount of power comimg through our sockets so I belive that we would get the 18,000 RPM - although to be fair you would not notice - we have a Bamix Swissline and it's an impressive bit of kit.

ALSO, the instructions mentioned other models that were superior (more power and 18,000 revs) so the one they are flogging is NOT top of the range at all. Blatant lies IMO.

As Ideal World are selling to consumers then they are not lieing by saying the SwissLine is the top of the range. The only one faster is the Gasto 350 but that is marketed to proffesionals so it would not be a fair comparisson.

It would be like Ideal World selling a Gaggia Espresso machine as the top of the range when Gaggia would also be selling their proffesional range which would be more powerful.

IW could record all their shows in January and then show them on a continual loop for the rest of the year.

Well, it already feels like that anyway: think of all the cash they'd save! :wink:

Latest posts

Back