TSV Birdbath and JR ` toeposts!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shoppingstar

Registered Shopper
It`s midnight on qvc and JR is on with the solar powered birdbath, and wearing ---yes --the black jeggings with side zips and the dreaded black toe posts -again!

She is totally dominating the conversation , based on the fact that as she has been testing the thing in her garden ,she is now the expert on it --feel sorry for the guest

This is hard sell at it`s best --

Do the "powers-that-be" think that even the birds have now moved into solar power technology?!! I'm sure they couldn't care less just as long as water is available whether it be still or sprinkling.....what a waste of money!

As for the toe-posts - probably best not to comment other than to say perhaps the time has come for someone to snatch them from her dressing room and set them in concrete..........:wink:

Besides the fact it is an unattractive pieces of junk (and the toe posts), what is so great about the fact it stops when the sun goes in?:sun:

So for 80% of the year it will just be a horrid looking thing with stagnant water? Am I missing something?

Agree about poor guest, Julie is being just rude!

I bought last years when it was painted green on metal, the legs were a different shape too. I liked it and it was nice to see the birds come down for a drink, I hid it among my plants so all you could see was the birdbath, not the ugly metal legs. Obviously the point of the solar power is that you don't have to dig up half your garden to bury the cables to get the thing to work. Mine worked all through the summer, but yes did stop tinkling when the sun went in. BUT after 4-5 months or so all the paint started to peel off, all over it, the legs too, went all rusty. I complained to QVC as everything comes with a 1 year warranty and it shouldn't go like that, they sent me another one and collected the rusty one and the same thing happened again. I complained again, they took it back and refunded me in full.

Although I note they say the colour is mixed into the metal so no peeling (it obviously happened a lot for them to write that), I would still be a bit dubious about buying it!! Yes you do have to keep changing the water and cleaning the pump.

If anyone wants a solar powered bird bath, you can buy them with a solar power unit that keeps the charge for up to 8 hours now, so if the sun goes in, it still works.

snatch them from her dressing room and set them in concrete..........:wink:

While she's still wearing them? :wink: (I'm only joking!)

And that TSV is a cheap and nasty looking piece of plastic tat. Any bird worth its feathers wouldn't even leave a deposit in it!

I'll stick with the upturned dustbin lid on two bricks - my birds aren't techy or into solar power. Lol

I agree with everyone, what a cheap and nasty looking piece of tat it looks...one strong gust of wind and I'm sure it would blow over.

Can't believe what utter rubbish QVC are flogging these days. That bird bath is a complete waste of £46. Can you imagine it when it's a dull day (so no fountain) and it's covered in algae. Tasteless cr*p.

You can't have a proper water feature without having it installed properly. We had our garden landscaped a few years ago and have 2 water features which are under ground level and water comes from holes in the centre of two square pieces of slate. They are left on all summer and are a proper feature in the garden, but they do take a lot of maintenance. I love the sound of water but with solar powered ones, you only have that when the sun is out. They just look sad when it's not.

Latest posts

Back