Absolutely fuming!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

woodstock

Registered Shopper
I have tried to post 2 reviews, one on Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which I hated because it caused a major acne breakout and the other on Bare Escentuals new purifying facial cleanser which I love. I didn't mention in my BE review anything about Liz Earle and praised it highly and gave it a 5. The Liz Earle review I gave it 1 out of 5 because of the terrible reaction on my skin. This is totally unbelievable that they can reject a review because they don't want you putting bad reviews on but why reject a review where I am praising a product? I wonder if they are afraid that BE might be a threat to Liz Earle?! No point writing a review anymore cos they won't publish them!

I also was fuming when I had 2 reviews rejected.

I emailed them to vent my anger. They took a while to reply, but they did ask me for details of what i'd written so that they could investigate.
I hadn't kept a copy so I didn't bother responding, but have you got a copy?

If I ever review something again, I'll keep a copy of what I type!!
I am so getting tiddled off with companies and their so-called Customer Services depts...

No unfortunately I don't have a copy of what I wrote but my reviews clearly fell within their guidelines as I checked these before submitting my reviews. I just won't bother wasting my time in future!

It's silly for QVC to refuse to publish any reviews that are fair, balanced and give an honest opinion of how a product has fared in a real trial.

It's not like women only have one type of skin, and no-one's going to believe that a product is 100% effective on every woman that uses it - it's statistically impossible.

Add to this the fact that women are rather concerned about their return rates and getting "the letter": if you can't trust the review system to make a fair judgement on potential purchases, and if the 30 day MBG is a qualified one (over 50% of all purchases returned gets you a slap on the wrist, but QVC won't stipulate what period this is over), then what incentive is there for women to buy into ranges if they're not sure just what they're like in reality?

Women will choose to shop elsewhere - it's such a silly mistake to make.

No unfortunately I don't have a copy of what I wrote but my reviews clearly fell within their guidelines as I checked these before submitting my reviews. I just won't bother wasting my time in future!

I'm with you on that one!
But knowing me, when i'm next bored, I'll find myself wanting to sound off about something (good or bad) :grin:

I saw a Lola Rose bracelet review once that commented on how small they were and how it was impossible for a normal person to wear them as she had a small wrist and couldn't even get hers in the narrow bracelet. I knew straight away that this person hadn't opened the bracelet up by pulling it open, and I wanted this to be noted (I have the same bracelet and it is exceptionally generous). I pressed the icon saying 'report inappropriate review' as I wanted to respond by saying this person clearly didn't know how the bracelet opened up properly...the review was removed immediately, almost as soon as I returned to the page! I can only assume that somebody (not QVC as it seems to be automatic as soon as the icon is pressed) did the same thing to your reviews. I wish there was an option to comment on specific reviews but not remove them altogether...I'll never report anything as innapropriate again! I hadn't even been given a chance to say why I thought the comment was inappropriate...I was shocked.

It's not just QVC. I got a jumpsuit from Debenhams and wrote a review praising it to the skys. However it was rejected and I got an email saying it could be offensive, knocking other reviewers etc etc. For the life of me I couldn't understand what was wrong with the review as it was all positive - I think there must be some sort of policy to reject so many a day so it looks as though they are being monitored.

I wonder if the whole thing is monitored by a robot which looks for certain word patterns and fails miserably?
Seems most Customer Service sites seem to be monitored by robots...how often do you feel that you are replied to by someone who just has not read what you have written at all? Used to be just ebay for me but now I seem to be getting it more and more....

When this came up last time, I thought I'd have a go at putting two not so glowing reviews on the website to see if mine weren't accepted either. Oddly enough, they were BOTH accepted?! :wonder:

Seems bizarre for them to ditch good reviews. I have a feeling though, that anything that is given a 1 star review is not accepted.... or certainly not many are accepted. How about trying it again and giving it a 2 star review?

I've also found that an item that gets loads of really bad reviews all in quick succession is then removed from the website completely! That happened with a steam mop, it was crap, everyone hated it and then it just disappeared!!

Just to update you - I emailed QVC and basically said I didn't understand why they hadn't posted the review which was a glowing review as it clearly fell within their guidelines and my review would actually help them sell more of this particular product - they emailed me back and asked for my membership number and when I just checked now they have published it! Just checked again and they have published my 1 out of 5 review for the Liz Earle product - maybe it pays to complain!

Last edited:
If you use facebook then I'd suggest sticking your future reviews on the qvc page- might get more views

Just to update you - I emailed QVC and basically said I didn't understand why they hadn't posted the review which was a glowing review as it clearly fell within their guidelines and my review would actually help them sell more of this particular product - they emailed me back and asked for my membership number and when I just checked now they have published it! Just checked again and they have published my 1 out of 5 review for the Liz Earle product - maybe it pays to complain!

That's interesting. I submitted a one star review of the Mally TSV and didn't think it would get published but it did.

Latest posts

Back