Summer dresses

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I need to replace a couple of summer dresses and would be interested to hear any recommends. I love Tiana B but I'm looking for something a bit more casual, cotton maybe, sun dress style.

Most of my summer dresses are a bit too big to be comfortable these days ... yay! And the one that did fit has now been consigned to the bin after I went to light a Yankee Candle and the chuffing match broke in half, flew backwards and set fire to my frock!!

So ... what ranges should I look at Casual & Co, Print Fusion?

I bought two sets of the Casual and Co TSVs last summer. Lovely colours but the material was very thin and see through in the plain colours. The prints were better. They are fine for the garden/beach.

I have a few Print Fusion dresses. I would say that they are similar in quality to Tiana B but thankfully longer!

Oh Tinkerbelle, I too like Tiana B but for the rest...... don't ! go to the dreaded high street - Monsoon, Next, Zara, Per Una, also Dottie P has some fab frocks at the moment.

On the look out for some maxi dresses but for a shortie. 5ft to be precise so would love to hear from anyone who has any good recommendations!

On the look out for some maxi dresses but for a shortie. 5ft to be precise so would love to hear from anyone who has any good recommendations!

Next petite range is very good next day delivery or to nearest store wthin 48hours if u use this option free p&p and returns and have about a month b4 u are billed

Next petite range is very good next day delivery or to nearest store wthin 48hours if u use this option free p&p and returns and have about a month b4 u are billed

Many thanks Looby. Have always avoided Next on the High St because they are ways so busy. Will do some browsing online though and see what the have.

Last edited:
Oh Tinkerbelle, I too like Tiana B but for the rest...... don't ! go to the dreaded high street - Monsoon, Next, Zara, Per Una, also Dottie P has some fab frocks at the moment.

lol ... I rarely get to the High Street but I might have to make the effort.

i just bought a couple of dresses from wallis online and m&s. they were gorgeous and a helluva lot cheaper than qvc. watch out though as wallis size big.

the only problem i have now is length! it seems that anything above the knee is suddenly mid thigh (or in my case mid saggy thigh lol)

I bought this Tiana B maxi dress (super bargain price) for £15 delivered from eb@y and as a fellow 5 foot shorty this is exactly the right length for me, ankle length without having to wear 6" heels. The fabric isn't very summery but I thought I'd mention it as I know how difficult it is to buy dresses in proportion. If I wear a normal mid-length dress they often reach my ankles but I can't pass them off as a maxi: I look like a weird middle-aged kid dressing up from her Mum's wardrobe :tongue:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.149031.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Jude xx

A lovely dress and looks like what I'm searching for, too, but alas I'm 5 ft 8 so it might turn up a bit short on me. Mind you, these last ten days have put me in the mood for dresses but I have to remember this is NI and today is already back to being cold, drizzly and grey.

Latest posts

Back