TJC 10 day guarantee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
When did the TJC returns policy shrink by two-thirds? This must now be one of the shortest guarantee periods around.

Within 10 days of the invoice date!

Thanks for the post Tilly O. I was reading their terms and conditions. How could I return anything to them within 10 days of the invoice date? It takes them 7 days or more to deliver it to mea? I do not live in GB but Northern Ireland. for example I just purchased a ring on the 21st of April I received it today (the invoice date was 22nd April 2011) That is 13 days. take of the April and mayday holidays and I still would not have received it in time to return it to them within 10 days of the invoice date. All of us on this forum should contact them and tell them we are not happy with this.

Last edited:
I think 10 days is terrible, yes you look at a piece and know if its for you or not but sometimes if its a high-end piece you may need to get a safeguard valuation and 10 days doesn't allow for this!

I think that they should have reduced it to either 21 or 14 days, if you needed a valuation/second opinion if you rang CS and explained I wonder if they'd extend it ?
Before Christmas I'd ordered two items with a view to comparing them before deciding which one to keep and the second one had been held up by the snow so I was getting concerned that if I didn't want the first one I needed to return it as it was getting close to the 30 day timeline, I was speaking to the lovely Miles and he said that it really wouldn't have been a problem, so it might be worth speaking to CS

As far as I can glean the 10 day period starts from the date that the jewellery is delivered. But it does seem strange that TJC are only giving us 10 days, especially when one needs to consider an item or have an expensive piece valued. I can't think of another shopping telly channel that has such a short guarantee period.

Within 10 days of the invoice date!

Tilly O, here is the paragraph from Tjc headed 10 Days to decide:

Term and conditions from Tjc:

10 Days to decide
We know you will love your purchase from The Jewellery Channel Ltd but just in case you are not entirely delighted with your purchase for any reason whatsoever, simply follow the return instructions provided on your invoice and send it back to us within 10 days of the invoice date for a full refund of the purchase price (including VAT)
In order to obtain your refund:
a. The identification tag must not have been removed from the item.
b. The item must be returned in a clean, unused and unaltered condition and in its original packaging and with the authenticity card if supplied.
c. Items which have been re-sized or personalized to your specifications cannot be refunded.
d. Earrings cannot be refunded for hygiene reasons.
e. Refunds made under this returns policy will not include either the original postage and packing charge or any return costs.
f. Refunds will be made within 30 days from receipt at our return address.
g. Refunds will be made to the original means of payment.
h. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
i. Ensure that the outer packaging for your return item is suitable to protect it while in transit to our return address.

Your right to cancel a contract
In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your contract. The time period commences at the time the contract was made and must be sent to us in writing within 7 days, commencing the day after you received delivery of your item. You must keep the item in good condition and return it to us, at the return address indicated on your invoice, within 14 days of the date the goods were delivered to you. The item must not have been used, altered, personalised, or in any way damaged and must be returned with its original packaging. Returns made under this provision will be at your own cost and this cost will not eligible for refund.

is it me or do the two clauses contradict each other??? and which one is the prevailing clause?

Back to 30 days again now - people power!

Bet the P&P does a u-turn sooner rather than later as well :wonder:

Hope so because that's the only way I'll be buying from them. I'll never forget the extortionate p&p rates they used to have, just for everything to turn up in one parcel. I'm not planning to buy with this stupid multi p&p rate with a cut off at £9.99. £9.99? I think it's outrageous! Please get it sorted tjc, even if you have to put up the daily rate.

Latest posts

Back