Qvc p&p complaint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

suzy young

Registered Shopper
COPY OF LETTER SENT TO CEO
CUSTOMER SERVICE
SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM

NO REPLY AS YET (PETITION LINK IS ON QVC UK Facebook page or i can give it to you if you wish.

COMPLAINT TO THE CEO PLEASE.
I am not sure if you are aware of the endless complaints on your facebook page regarding p&p? There are also two discussion complaint topics running and a petition with almost 400 valued customers running. We are asking for clarification of p&p charges for items because at the moment it appears to be a lucky dip. A small envelope holding a ring per say is priced at the same as a weighty box carrying a heavy winter coat. This is totally unacceptable to us. Almost 400 members have elected me to send this complaint to you. Also, we are noticing vast price rises for things we do not class as value anymore, one of your namesake choices VALUE, take Kim & Co for an example, polyester dresses at almost £70 with p&p and her tops and trousers almost £50. It is not rocket science to know that polyester and elastane are of the cheapest materials going. There is a world wide recession but your prices do not reflect this nor do they feel competitive or good value.

As regards the facebook page where we can ask questions or make comments, most comments are negative of late and many require answers that we do not get unless it is a praising post. This is disgusting. We deserve decent honest replies if we take the time to ask a question, it is only manners and professional to do so.

We had one and only one reply to our p&p complaints. We wanted to know the scale, how you decide each p&p price and most importantly, if a product has one item number for identity WHY are we expected to pay multiple full price p&p amounts if we want to purchase this product in for example different colours or scents – when it still has the same item number? We pointed out that this could only be better for you. We also asked for p&p prices to be explained and also wanted to know if you would consider revising your P&P processes, perhaps one price across the board or simply decide to banish p&p altogether. It would mean more orders for you. Our online query on the facebook page was answered only once and it did not apply to any of our questions, in fact it was plain rubbish.

We hope to have some resolution on the matters discussed or a decent honest reply. Or your QUALITY VALUE and CONVENIENCE reputation is no longer valid to us.

My biggest gripe is when you order more of the same item and you are charged extra P and P. They might harp on that sometimes you only pay half as much again for extra items, but the courier only gets paid once no matter how many items might be strapped together - DISGUSTING!

Many many sites charge one P and P fee no matter how many items you order.
QVC take note!

Whilst I commend you for writing to the CEO, I'm afraid it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever IMHO. Why would they lower the prices when people keep buying in their droves?

Until people stop buying from QVC and hence stop paying their extortionate P&P charges, nothing will change.

However, I wish you good luck with your compaign.

Rich

I agree with Rich it wont make a scrape of difference .....you know what do if it iritates you so much.... just shop elsewhere...I dont mean to sound critical but you do have the choice to buy OR not

it's certainly the main reason that I no longer purchase much from QVC. Bet they miss me....NOT...!!! In my (humble!) opinion, they'd do better to stick a few quid on the price and "free" P & P - but it won't happen.

They should at least cap the p&p. If Ideal World can do it why can't the so called NUMBER 1 SHOPPING CHANNEL do the same ? :angry:

stop buying and they'll change it.

the fact that the very people who are complaining are on the QVC facebook page and posting in the QVC forum on here suggests that theyre already hooked. lets face it, you aint going NOwhere whether they change it or otherwise.

when QVC get the feeling that the casual channel hopper/web browser fails to purchase because of the P&P policy then they will change it.

The postage and packaging is, in my mind, part of the cost. I make my decision to buy, or not, based on the overall cost ... the price AND the p&p. And as long as there is a cost for p&p then that's the only way to look at the costs. It's always there on screen or online. It may not be a standard cost but they don't hide the price either. As long as it's the way things are then it's the only way to look at the QVC prices.

I don't think that QVC will change their policy. God knows how many people order every day but it has to thousands so unfortunately a petition of 400 names isn't going to get their attention. 4000 might make them listen.

Trouble is they have new customers with ITV now but we can nut hope and prey they lower p&p costs.
My gripe is we pay so much for delivery and it takes 5-7 days or longer to deliver. Amazon for example would deliver next day - they have staff, warehousing and postage costs to cover and they manage okay.
There free delivery takes 5-7days just like QVC.
Until we all start voting with our feet i can't see them changing there policy.

It's True

I read this post the other day so decided to have a look at the QVC website as I didn't believe such a large multi-national company would not regulate their p&p.

Much to my surprise I was soon proved wrong. There doesn't appear to be any p&p pricing structure at all. The p&p for polyester dresses (all by the same designer) varied from £3.95 - £5.95 whereas there could be very little difference in weight as none were maxi dresses. I then looked at another designer and the p&p for a maxi dress was £3.45. As these are all lightweight dresses it is obvious that the p&p is well over the top. Pump style shoes varied from £5.45 - £5.95 yet much heavier shoes were also £5.95. Finally I found a lip care product in a tube where the cost of p&p for a duo was £2.95 but if you only bought 1 it costs £3.45 - no, I havn't got that wrong, the are charging 50p more p&p for posting one. If I had the inclination and more time I now feel sure I could have found many more examples of their random p&p pricing.

I think it is highly unlikely that a company as big as QVC will pay any attention to this petition unless a lot more people sign it and they fear news of their p&p over-charging spreading. As, in my opinion from the research ive done, their p&p is ludicrous I have decided that I am going to sign their petition (something I rarely do) and I do hope that they succeed as if one company can get away with it others will try.

If, like me, you feel that they are right why not show your support and sign this petition as well which might just give them a chance of being heard.

QVC p&p Petition

I wrote the following last week but it was only added to Suzy Young's thread yesterday by which time it was on page 3 so i've decided to re-post it.

"I read this post the other day so decided to have a look at the QVC website as I didn't believe such a large multi-national company would not regulate their p&p.

Much to my surprise I was soon proved wrong. There doesn't appear to be any p&p pricing structure at all. The p&p for polyester dresses (all by the same designer) varied from £3.95 - £5.95 whereas there could be very little difference in weight as none were maxi dresses. I then looked at another designer and the p&p for a maxi dress was £3.45. As these are all lightweight dresses it is obvious that the p&p is well over the top. Pump style shoes varied from £5.45 - £5.95 yet much heavier shoes were also £5.95. Finally I found a lip care product in a tube where the cost of p&p for a duo was £2.95 but if you only bought 1 it costs £3.45 - no, I havn't got that wrong, the are charging 50p more p&p for posting one. If I had the inclination and more time I now feel sure I could have found many more examples of their random p&p pricing.

I think it is highly unlikely that a company as big as QVC will pay any attention to this petition unless a lot more people sign it and they fear news of their p&p over-charging spreading. As, in my opinion from the research ive done, their p&p is ludicrous I have decided that I am going to sign their petition (something I rarely do) and I do hope that they succeed as if one company can get away with it others will try.

If, like me, you feel that they are right why not show your support and sign this petition as well which might just give them a chance of being heard."

Nicely presented argument with good examples of where there is a lack of consistency. I have already signed the petition as I am in favour of a fairer and transparent way of p&p charges. At the moment the process appears ad hoc!

A lot of sites deliver free if you spend over a certain amount. I agree with posts above, until they see profits diminishing they'll do nothing. I bet they're making a bomb out of the ITV audience. They won't give the P&P charges a second thought when they get in from the pub and watch the presentation through beer goggles.

The postage and packaging is, in my mind, part of the cost. I make my decision to buy, or not, based on the overall cost ... the price AND the p&p. And as long as there is a cost for p&p then that's the only way to look at the costs. It's always there on screen or online. It may not be a standard cost but they don't hide the price either. As long as it's the way things are then it's the only way to look at the QVC prices.

I don't think that QVC will change their policy. God knows how many people order every day but it has to thousands so unfortunately a petition of 400 names isn't going to get their attention. 4000 might make them listen.

absolutely right..it's certainly what I do, immediately add the P & P onto the product price..if the product is still tempting at the higher price, I order it - but mostly I don't. I think more people would order more products if they came up with something like another channel used to do - buy the TSV that day and any other products you ordered came P & P free for that day also. I'm sure there's something they could come up with and it might actually increase sales, but at the moment you look at ordering three items in a beauty hour for instance and you could be paying around a tenner purely in P & P - very off-putting imho.

Latest posts

Back