Birchwood 05/05/2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Me and Ma Cavey decided to go to Birchwood for a nosey this afternoon as we hadn't been for a while and wanted to see if there were any bargains.

I hope this is OK for me to do, but I've attached a few photos for people to see what it's like inside.

I was distinctly underwhelmed by what was on offer - BUT - I managed to pick up a real bargain for myself. I've been after a long Military style mac for a long time and managed to find a gorgeous Pompoos one, reduced from £140 to £20!! not a thing wrong with it, not even been worn. Looks and feels really superb quality. There was lots of Kim n Co, Michele Hope and George Simonton.

Not much doing jewellery wise either. There were some horrible used Cook's Essentials pans and worn and tatty looking Emus that looked horrific. One or two Charlie Lapson and KVZ bags. There were also one bits of Sue Devitt Make up which were really well used :sad:. Finally there were lots of Hersheson's Clip in Minges. I mean fringes. :angel:

Anyway, a laugh was had if nothing else....

Attachments

• 276.jpg
    276.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 638
  • 274.jpg
    274.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 539
  • 263.jpg
    263.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 264.jpg
    264.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 532
  • 265.jpg
    265.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 537
Yuk at the pans and Emus....

Glad you got a bargain, though. I have a Pompoos blouse and a dress and the quality is superb.:happy:

I see they have still got a pile of the jewellery storage mirrors by the door. That was my best ever Birchwood purchase a few years ago, it was a tiny fraction of the on air price. Mine hadn't even been opened, and was marked 'Delivery refused' by the courier, so I think someone had ordered it on impulse when it was a TSV, and then changed their mind.

There isnt a qvc outlet shop up my neck of the woods, not that i know of anyway. Just aswell coz id probably be there all the time lol x

YUK at the pans & the shoes!

But well done you with the mac, sounds gorgeous & such a bargain.

It really is a lottery as to what they have in there isn't it. Good to see it's looking a lot more organised these days as a while back it resembled a badly run jumble sale.

Did they still have any of those 360* mirrors left? I picked one up a few weeks ago and am quite pleased with it - think I paid around £10, not sure I'd have paid £35 plus postage though. The reviews aren't so good, but for a tenner it's fine.

Oh, and I have a pair of those salmon coloured emu's - except mine are nice and clean :)

Might pop in next monday - pensioners day with 15% discount - hubby has his uses lol.

Thanks for the photos, always wondered what the outlet looked like.

I have been meaning to go for ages, never got round to it. Might go next week. Well done getting the bargain coat.

and yes............ugh at the pans and worn shoes, yuck.

Thanks for posting the pictures cavegirl. I unfortunately live no where near an outlet shop. I wondered what they were like . :flower: :flower: :flower:

I went today with my OH - That's me in the pink top, grey fleece in your first photo.
Naff all craft stuff there today but picked up a lovely copper and black JLo watch and OH bought a fancy mans watch reduced from about £236 to £118.
Our DD was 20 yesterday and when I showed her my new watch, she tried it on and loved it. It was her birthday yesterday, so now has a watch to go with the handbag, Laura Geller, L'Occitane..

The clothes look a lot better displayed now, less like a jumble sale :)

Thanks Cavey for reassuring me that I'm not really missing out.

A trip to the outlet used to soften the trauma of a stay with my outlaws in Manchester but I haven't been to the Birchwood shop for years. Doesn't look enough of an incentive to me!

I bet they'll have stacks of Zumba TSVs in a few weeks; there were lots of self-help DVDs years ago when I first went. Not because it's rubbish but lots of people have a reality moment when they get close to the end of their 30 day MBG and haven't used it more than twice (if at all).

Jude xx

Tingha & Tucker the two little bears! :sun:
Love your Avatar Jude. My husband doesn't remember them and accused me of making it up when I told him abaout the secret sign and the club song :grin:

Never ceases to amaze me the condition some people return things to QVC for a refund. Those pans looked to me as if they'd had the surface taken right off them.

Never ceases to amaze me the condition some people return things to QVC for a refund. Those pans looked to me as if they'd had the surface taken right off them.

But the presenters do encourage that - use things, wear it, try make-up etc then return if you are not happy!

QVC just really should not try to re-sell things in that state.

They re-sell anything - i just unpacked my Gtech and the charger unit is missing so I'm reasonably sure that was a return, as well. I hope CS can help out as I bought it mid-March and never got around to checking it properly - lesson learned, methinks.

Thanks for all the comments :wink: it's nice for a laugh and an afternoon out, and on the odd occasion you can pick up some really nice things, I dropped lucky with the coat - but on the whole it's only for comedy value (that's visiting Birchwood, not my coat...OK, well, maybe the coat :wink:).

OFJ, I don't know if you saw me or not, I was in my lime green Centigrade flasher mac (as I call it) so pretty unmissable - would have been nice to say hello to you! :handshake:

Anyway, I just thought I'd upload a picture of my bargainmous coat - sorry for the wobbly camera work, my hands are shaky at the best of times :blush:

Attachments

• IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 225
Thanks for all the comments :wink: it's nice for a laugh and an afternoon out, and on the odd occasion you can pick up some really nice things, I dropped lucky with the coat - but on the whole it's only for comedy value (that's visiting Birchwood, not my coat...OK, well, maybe the coat :wink:).

OFJ, I don't know if you saw me or not, I was in my lime green Centigrade flasher mac (as I call it) so pretty unmissable - would have been nice to say hello to you! :handshake:

Anyway, I just thought I'd upload a picture of my bargainmous coat - sorry for the wobbly camera work, my hands are shaky at the best of times :blush:

Lovely coat, Cavey, you'll be a reet Bobby Dazzler in that.....:mysmilie_378:

I would definately have come over and said hello to a fellow forumite. :handshake:
Perhaps we should have a badge or wear a big flower in our hair to indicate membership of this superclub.

Mind you they might bar us us they know we are :happy:

Latest posts

Back