Dangerous Misleading Comparison

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Rae at 16.57 today showing item QOPS92 said "I am not for one moment comparing this Emerald to the Emeralds you can buy on the High Street" and then went on to say how much better this Emerald was than what could be bought elsewhere! :down:

I'm sorry but that's incredibly misleading (a) because she can have absolutely NO idea of what it available everywhere else and (b) she has no idea what treatments have/haven't been applied to other Emeralds and (c) she was showing a Zambian Emerald and these are typically NOT as highly regarded as a Colombian Emerald.

Yes it is a decent looking Emerald although the jardin was extreme and there appeared to be a chip on the table (could have been a trick of the lighting) and the setting was ok. That does NOT make this better than anything else that can be bought on the High Street. I was aghast at her temerity and misleading comments. This is not acceptable.

it's clearly a day for comparisons - turned off Angeline earlier after spending much of her time comparing jewellery to jewellers like Tiffany and Chopard after she then started on comparing a 9ct tanzy ring directly to what would be available in Tiffany, Chopard, Boodles etc - Hmmm

Rae at 16.57 today showing item QOPS92 said "I am not for one moment comparing this Emerald to the Emeralds you can buy on the High Street" and then went on to say how much better this Emerald was than what could be bought elsewhere! :down:

I'm sorry but that's incredibly misleading (a) because she can have absolutely NO idea of what it available everywhere else and (b) she has no idea what treatments have/haven't been applied to other Emeralds and (c) she was showing a Zambian Emerald and these are typically NOT as highly regarded as a Colombian Emerald.

Yes it is a decent looking Emerald although the jardin was extreme and there appeared to be a chip on the table (could have been a trick of the lighting) and the setting was ok. That does NOT make this better than anything else that can be bought on the High Street. I was aghast at her temerity and misleading comments. This is not acceptable.

do they think we are stupid? Since when has gems tv been on par with chopard? Or tiffany?

I just wish they would stop making any comparisons at all. Gems TV jewellery is what it is and from my experience most jewellers can spot it a mile away.

I don't see the need of comparision at all. Comparision doesn't make me spend or even tempted to buy. What makes me buy is the design, the gemstone and the gold weigth.

Latest posts

Back