GHD's - Did I imagine that they used to sell these?....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daisygirl

Registered Shopper
Or was I dreaming? lol,

I am looking to get some as I stood on my lovely ones and they are totally broken. :confused: Was kind of hoping I could get them on EP, mind you, I wasn't looking forward to the hassle of returning them if they arrived damaged or some other issue (had been used etc,etc!!!!!!)

So, yeah, looking to get some good straighteners!!!! If anyone could point me in the right direction of a good pair, I would be really grateful:cheeky: :beer: Don't mind getting non-GHDs!!! as long as they're good and multi heat settings preferred.

Yes they did used to sell them but were more pricey than elsewhere on the net so maybe that's why they've gone to QVC heaven like so many other brands. I got mine from beautybay.com.

Hi Daisygirl.

I believe qvc did do them in the past but now have a different brand (something that looks like it has an inbuilt roller that goes round).

I don't think any other straighteners compare to ghds.

My daughter got hers direct from ghd and they were around the £100 mark but are well worth the investment for long or thick hair. She had tried a couple of other brands before which were useless.

I have to say though we have both burnt our fingers from the steam - ouch!! They are mega hot. :sun:

Try these, they are excellent and curl hair as well as straighten - PERFECT - just what I wanted and good for shorter hair styles.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...zon.co.uk/dp/B003NNVTH4/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
people say that they are as good as GHD but I cant compare - never had one.
I also went on QVC for GHD last week and ended buying Babyliss - I'm very happy I did.

Last edited:
I've got the Babyliss Pro Elegance and I love them. Never tried GHD's because my hair looks good with these.

I have a pair of ..

These

mine are a different colour as I've had them a couple of years. I paid full price so these are a bargain!

I've used a friend's GSDs but I prefer mine & so does she! The heat is adjustable through lots of settings so you don't have to fry your hair.

I have a pair of ..

These

mine are a different colour as I've had them a couple of years. I paid full price so these are a bargain!

I've used a friend's GSDs but I prefer mine & so does she! The heat is adjustable through lots of settings so you don't have to fry your hair.

Snap! I got them at the cheaper price before my old Babyliss one's gave out thinking they would go back up in price. So I now have two pairs. :sun:

Thanks everyone for your reviews!!!! All the Babyliss ones look really good!!! excellent prices on Amazon too....... Just looked at the GHD site, I'm really surprised that you can't adjust the heat on the basic one (don't know if any of the others are but £99 is expensive enough!), so it may well be non GHDs!!! Arrrgghh I can't decide lol, I will look a bit more tomorrow and decide as my hair is so springy and the hair style I've just had demands it to be straightened (hmm maybe that quick decision wasn't so wise :blush:) :sun: Thanks all :sun:

Latest posts

Back