andrew morton william / kate book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jelliebean

Registered Shopper
hi, does anyone know why it says available week commencing 16th may ?? when it is available to buy everywhere else and cheaper in some places ??

hi, does anyone know why it says available week commencing 16th may ?? when it is available to buy everywhere else and cheaper in some places ??

That's the Value & Convenience in QVC, not to mention their huge buying power! :wonder:

Smiths have got that one half price. Considering the size of the books a lot of padding has gone on including photos from previous royal weddings.

he is signing the QVC ones

With what? Blood? :wonder:

If anyone's REALLY interested in this piece of "writing", leave it a few months and pick it up cheap in your local remainders store.

Why pay through the nose just for Mr M's scrawl? :taphead:

unique insight blah blah.... mother of the prince.... blah blah...unprecedented access... blah blah.....

no?

unique insight blah blah.... mother of the prince.... blah blah...unprecedented access... blah blah.....

no?

No. :emo:

:clapping:

The man's a muck-raking vulture and nothing else.

If he just admitted that, and that he wants to make a quick buck cashing in on people who don't traditionally argue back, I'd have more respect (well, maybe a smidge) for the man.

He needs to write the final two chapters on the wedding itself. Also, it is signed and will, therefore, be worth more in years to come, even though it is unofficial. I am not a royalist but am an antiques dealer/ collector and am purchasing this book as an investment, not to read.

received book

received the book today..so much for it being "new" it is not even a first edition its a second printing and the bit were he "signed them" is a crock of s**t...they are printed...he may have signed the first one but he did not sign all the ones he sold on qvc...:angry:

mine is definitely going back..nice pictures though!!

Got mine this morning & its definately hand signed by AM as I have another book he wrote & its the same signature. I would most certainly send it back if it was not. Thats a breech in trading standards as it was advertised by QVC that all would be personally signed.

Got mine this morning & its definately hand signed by AM as I have another book he wrote & its the same signature. I would most certainly send it back if it was not. Thats a breech in trading standards as it was advertised by QVC that all would be personally signed.

it may be his signature and been hand signed at some point but there is no indents where it is signed and there is no colour change to the ink[when book is tipped etc] the ink/colour stays the same as the other print on the paper...so it is a printed signature and not personally individually hand signed....

Most book signings are done in sharpie pen so there wouldn't necessarily be indents.

NOT personally signed !!!!!!

The signature is DEFINITELY NOT personally hand signed its printed !! ... I emailed QVC for confirmation and this is the reply I received;

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

Our Product team have advised the signature is printed and not hand signed by Andrew Morton.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you
"

So they sold it as being signed by him they just neglected to say that it would be a printed/copy signature !!! Definitely sending mine back:angry:

Right so is mine then :angry:

yep, also phoned customer service to double check and it is printed...only thing now is it will cost approx £6 to send it back by recorded delivery ...so we'll be out of pocket for their mis selling

yep, also phoned customer service to double check and it is printed...only thing now is it will cost approx £6 to send it back by recorded delivery ...so we'll be out of pocket for their mis selling
Why not ask for a prepaid label under circumstances explaining the situation to CS?
Perhaps they will refund p&p as well since false claims were made on TV.

Why not ask for a prepaid label under circumstances explaining the situation to CS?
Perhaps they will refund p&p as well since false claims were made on TV.

Have been in contact again with QVC and they are sending me a prepaid label to return it, so if anyone else wants to return the item try ringing or emailing them complaining the item is not what they stated, and you should get a label too...[I only just mentioned it was about the book and they immediately said they would send the label, so whether they have received other complaints I'm not sure...but they are still selling it as signed by him and not stating that it is a printed signature..]

Mine was collected this morning . They would not send a label but told me they had to collect ???

I complained to them about the signature. The girl tried to tell me it was signed, then she changed tact & said '' surely you don't expect him to sign every book ?'' I told her ''yes I do because that is what he said he would do on when selling it on QVC & the fact that it clearly isn't is false advertising.''

She then put me on hold & returned 5 minutes later & told me the book would be collected.

Bliddy cheek.They do try it on.:devil:

Mine was collected this morning . They would not send a label but told me they had to collect ???

I complained to them about the signature. The girl tried to tell me it was signed, then she changed tact & said '' surely you don't expect him to sign every book ?'' I told her ''yes I do because that is what he said he would do on when selling it on QVC & the fact that it clearly isn't is false advertising.''

She then put me on hold & returned 5 minutes later & told me the book would be collected.

Bliddy cheek.They do try it on.:devil:

They have changed their mind again..they have now put on their website that IT IS personally signed by him !!!

they dont know what the f##k they are doing, I have had the email and confirmation telephone call with them and they both said it was a printed signature and not personally signed!!!!!:headbang:

Latest posts

Back