Improved Garden Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
The usual Saturday gardening show this morning was so much better without Tricky Dicky Jackson. Simon B seemed to be able to cope perfectly well, trying to muster up some enthusiasm for the usual solar lights they dig out for every gardening hour. There were also the Grampa's weeding thingy and the babylon baskets, again managed by Simon and guests. The only thing missing was Flower Power, which can only be a good thing.

I noticed he turned up earlier than planned last night flogging his stuff, when the polyester and stretchy lace hour sold out and so finished early.

In my opinion he serves no purpose whatsoever so WHY do they have him on so much. He contributes nothing except for stating the bl**ding obvious. He's even got his own website now:-

http://www.richardjacksonsgarden.co.uk/

I thought exactly the same. For the first time in weeks I put the volume back up for this show!

Same here, I watched this morning and it was like a breathe of fresh air without RJ, long may it continue.

I expect we are stuck with him as he is under contract and QVC sell his flower power which must be worth lots.
Charlie Dimmock would be a good full time presenter - it's not like she has much TV work these days.
Nice eye candy for us male viewers too. :)

I expect we are stuck with him as he is under contract and QVC sell his flower power which must be worth lots.
Charlie Dimmock would be a good full time presenter - it's not like she has much TV work these days.
Nice eye candy for us male viewers too. :)

Not all of us, Simon :tongue:

I'm no gardener, but when I've been unfortunate enough to catch RJ on a show, it seems to me that he doesn't actually say anything productive or constructive.

Ms Dimmock, on the other hand, has experience of this from her Ground Force days (as well as bringing Mr 1966 to attention lol) :wink:

the amount of actual literal gardening advice is nominal.

someone else could do this so much better.

maybe he appeals to the old fogey market.

that promo where we see RJ with lots of different people throwing heads back laughing over a foxglove really makes me gag

Latest posts

Back