Combing technique help required

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flying Pigs

Registered Shopper
I have just received my Richard Ward 'Volumiser Root Booster Spray' In the accompanying leaflet it says:
'Always comb from ends towards roots - not roots to ends- to prevent damage'.
I know I can be a bit simple sometimes but I don't know how to comb from the ends to the roots - can someone explain please.

If you have long hair you should start combing/detangling at the ends. So comb them then work your way up to the roots. If you just stick a comb in at the roots and drag down you will split and break your hair if it's tangled at the ends. Not such a problem with short hair!

Make sense?!?

mmm, interesting ! i think this is meant by "ends to roots"
i have very long hair and so does my daughter .
i think it might be to do with untangling hair. When brushing long hair it is really important to start at the ends and work up towards the roots - although you are brushing downwards away from roots . (oh this sounds so confusing , sorry )
you are working in small strokes an inch or two at a time , untangle ends then move up a bit, untangle that bit downwards and then move up a bit .
continue until you have reached roots then you can brush the entire length of hair from roots to ends.
i hope this helps - it makes sense to me but not sure if i described it accurately ?
cat x

I have just received my Richard Ward 'Volumiser Root Booster Spray' In the accompanying leaflet it says:
'Always comb from ends towards roots - not roots to ends- to prevent damage'.
I know I can be a bit simple sometimes but I don't know how to comb from the ends to the roots - can someone explain please.

Be interesting to hear how you get on with that, his products don't seem to have the best reviews on the website.

it sounds like it means backcombing to me, especially with that type of product - squirt it on, then backcomb the couple inches closest to the scalp - that poofs it up and lifts. just my 2 cents .

I got my root booster on Friday and I'm delighted with it. It's really fab for my fine hair, in fact I'd go as far as to say it's what I've been searching for for years. I could leave a review on Le Q but I can't be bothered. I've spent time doing reviews in the past but they haven't appeared.

Be interesting to hear how you get on with that, his products don't seem to have the best reviews on the website.

I have his gravitiser sleekening cream, waste of money, for my hair anyway. The best product for smoothing frizz, I have found, is Andrew Barton The Frizz Tamer heat protec. styling cream. :sun:

FP - comb your hair in the shower whilst full of conditioner, as prev. said from ends upwards, the combination of water and condit. helps comb to glide through the hair.

Latest posts

Back