Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Anyone watch this hour?

I really am not convinced at all - feel so cynical, I got The Green Beauty Bible not long ago and that's just more or less one long advert for Liz Earle with very little look in for the really organic brands. But Jo Fairley this afternoon was seeming to just sing the praises of Sarah Chapman. It was a bit of a love-in all told.

Ages ago I remember Jo Fairley saying that Liz Earle's Superskin Moisturiser 'was nothing short of the greatest moisturiser ever created', yet there she is this afternoon saying that Sarah Chapman's was her favourite and the one she uses everyday...:wonder:.

The guests were all really sucking up to Jo in the most sycophantic manner - but you know, you KNOW it's all about sales here and not respect for each other. I just found it all a bit disheartening really.

Is it just me who's a cynical, world weary old boot? :sun:

This lovein\suckup was on in the background while i was tidying my bedroom and to me it seemed little more than another method of flogging products they already stock albiet in a new way. So what if Jo Fairley thinks something is great and yes CG you are right, she was raving on about Liz Earle's Superskin when it was launched. Maybe they have fallen out.

i saw the end of it, whats lip gloss and eye shadow got to do with anti ageing?? tenuous at best.

also, the fact that they only roadtest each product on a panel of 10 women just makes the whole thing laughable. Especially as the participants are found through the beauty bible's own website.

take the beauty bible's recommendations with a large pinch of salt methinks.

Jo for someone who is suppose to have access to the best products. Not a good advert for all her advice is she.

I was surprised no Liz Earle on the show as they are friends for years. No doubt QVC told her who they could get to do the show and they suddenly become the greatest produces in the universe.

Jo for someone who is suppose to have access to the best products. Not a good advert for all her advice is she.

I was surprised no Liz Earle on the show as they are friends for years. No doubt QVC told her who they could get to do the show and they suddenly become the greatest produces in the universe.

I remember Liz saying in one of her shows once that she doesn't do 'anti-ageing' as its something that happens naturally anyway, or something along those lines. Although I think the superskin moisturiser is in there isn't it? Something tells me she wasn't on the phone demanding its immediate removal from the book though :giggle:

I intended to watch it but it seems I need something stronger than lotions & potions to combat the old-age need to sleep after a late lunch and couple of glasses of the old vino! However, seems like I didn't miss much...

I've been a tester for 3 years running for Jo Fairley & Sarah Stacey's Beauty Bibles and have had some amazing stuff to try out. Probably the best was a Chanel night cream worth £95, an amazing product. I've also bought each of their books and just ordered this Anti-Ageing one because I do find them very interesting, not so much for the product ratings, but for the really interesting articles in the books.

What I found funny though, was Catherine's claim that 'QVC have worked really hard to bring you this book at an amazing price, just £12 instead of £19.99, with no p & p.' On Amazon, it's only 29p more with no p & p cost either (& that's without Amazon working 'really hard' to get it at that price!) lol

Jo Fairley gave a whoop of joy when Catherine announced that her book had sold out, made me wonder how much cash goes to the vendor. Or perhaps it was just pleasure at her product being popular. I must stop being cynical.

Jo Fairley gave a whoop of joy when Catherine announced that her book had sold out, made me wonder how much cash goes to the vendor. Or perhaps it was just pleasure at her product being popular. I must stop being cynical.

i thought that was a sneeze!

Chuntley also licked up to her saying "so pleased to have you, very important person, just for little us on QVC, not worthy, i know youre very very BUSY"

to which jo fairley said, "yes ive dragged myself away from the seaside to be with you"

busy!

I tested for this and it is good to get lots of things to try, you do pay to take part but nowhere near as much as the goodies would cost. I ordered a copy this afternoon ... from the library, at a cost 60p to reserve it.

Eyelash crisis!!

I remember Liz saying in one of her shows once that she doesn't do 'anti-ageing' as its something that happens naturally anyway, or something along those lines. Although I think the superskin moisturiser is in there isn't it? Something tells me she wasn't on the phone demanding its immediate removal from the book though :giggle:

Jenny Sharpe from Liz Earle is on air NOW --Sunday 10.50pm--- with Liz`s products including the superskin. Jo Fairley has repeated her story about superskin being the best moisturiser EVER --- so it would seem that all is well there .
Liz has just not visited Qvc in person on this TSV weekend , she is probably cutting back a bit

However ---earlier in the Beauty Bible show , i could not believe my ears when JF was relating her EYELASH crisis --and how she toured the streets looking for a solution to the loss of her eyelash --not all of the you understand --just a few. I wish I lived on her planet, where that is a crisis. Thankfully she discovered an amaaazing , and over £50 a tube , eyelash serum , and all is now back to normal -- Alleluia!

Jenny Sharpe from Liz Earle is on air NOW --Sunday 10.50pm--- with Liz`s products including the superskin. Jo Fairley has repeated her story about superskin being the best moisturiser EVER --- so it would seem that all is well there .
Liz has just not visited Qvc in person on this TSV weekend , she is probably cutting back a bit

However ---earlier in the Beauty Bible show , i could not believe my ears when JF was relating her EYELASH crisis --and how she toured the streets looking for a solution to the loss of her eyelash --not all of the you understand --just a few. I wish I lived on her planet, where that is a crisis. Thankfully she discovered an amaaazing , and over £50 a tube , eyelash serum , and all is now back to normal -- Alleluia!

Yes, she appeared to just bump into this Eyelash Messiah on the street and now all of her worries are over. Don't know why they bother with beauty bibles when they've got Jill Franks, who uses everything anyway.

I had to switch off. Jill F was gushing so much over Jo Fairly, it was utterly vomit inducing. I lasted as far as the point when she told her she was "literally a GOD!".

Just watching the LE section from last nights beauty bible show - JF said that there are moisturisers for £100 or £200 a pot and Jo Fairley said there is one for £1350

JF said that she looks at these expensive creams but doesn't buy - erm she was completely gushing on the perricone show recently about the range and how much she loves it the fab results she has had, yes its more expensive etc etc!

And..... Jo Fairley and JF were talking about lash products like revitalash that suddenly loads were launched. Well I'm loyal to talika (for helping along lashes and brows) and that company has been going since 1948!!!

JF, is a sales woman she does a show about XX brand she has to push its her job. Brand YY comes on next show same thing. She does go over the top as does Chuntley. Its just like at a cosmetic counter, staff change jobs from brand to brand and they will swear the one they are selling now it the greatest thing since sliced bread. The are paid to sell whatever they are showing at that time. So you want someone to say, "Well I don't use this. or I don't fancy this at all" That will really get the stock off the shelves for QVC.

Now I do read and belong to a few beauty boards and every time a new wonder product which promises long lashes is released they are going nuts. Must get,must get, etc,etc. Now the thing is they are watching the likes of Cole and they all have false/extention/incerts(sp) to give the look. But they all have this fantasy that using this product will have the same effect. Now I know there are people who have medical problems and their lashes break or even lose them. But only a very few people in real life do have the extra long fab lashes naturally.

I have no issue really with the presenters raving about one product or another - they are sales people after all. To be honest, working at QVC, I'm sure they do get the chance to use most of the products, either cheaply or free, so whilst it may not be true that "I use this amaaaaazing cream AAAALLLL the time", there probably is truth in the assertion that they have used it at some point. But they are sales people who are there to sell.

Have to say though (and I don't mean this to sound bitchy!!) JF isn't the greatest advert for the expensive Perricone she has said she uses.

I dont know about the rest of you guys but I honestly haven't the energy for all this anti-aging hoohaa! I figure that I'm going to get old (in fact I'm getting old by the minute) I'll try my best to stick to a skincare routine but other than that I just can't be bothered! Life is too blooming short to worry about wrinkles! Bring 'em on I say, as long as I've enjoyed myself whilst they've been creeping on then so be it! lol

OK so with JF and Perricone if she had to spend £200 to £300 on it she wouldn't buy it (as she looks but doesn't buy) but it is fab! (I'd probably think that if i was getting freebies)

eee I don't know I have no problem with people being sales people and saying this that and the other is great of course they need to do their job and i take it all with a pinch of salt but some of the statements are so blatantly contradictory its laughable and quite insulting or maybe I just watch too many beauty shows lol

I must admit I find JR the most honest in terms of what she uses and she does say if she hasn't tried something etc she has even referred to comments from someone, can't recall who, saying if she uses all those products how many faces does she have and she gave an explanation for it.

I want free stuff :) :sun::sun:

Latest posts

Back