Catherine Huntley - Get Real!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
In the 5 o'clock hour, the electrical home, Catherine Huntley was presenting the click free hard drive when, in her attempts to convince us that this item is a must have, she compared not backing up to driviing a car without insurance. Not exactly. Driving a car uninsured is illegal. I have not yet heard of a computer user being fined for not using a back up device. If you don't back up your files and lose them, you are the only one who will suffer. If you cause an accident and are not insured, the victim will be the one who will have to endure the fiinancial consequences of the uninsured driver's stupidity and illicit action.

She has a point but its over dramatic. Personally in my job I will get castigated if I lose my laptop and not have any backups. We still single out a particular person who lost a lot of important work because they didn't back up even after being given a device. Being fired isn't on the cards yet but wouldn't surprise me if the company started to invoke certain clauses in various policies to pass blame.

However, do make regular backups of your own files because one day something will happen and losing things like photos, files etc is quite draining.

Which is why I wonder for the life of me why these shopping channels dont employ bone fida sales people who know their product and do the homework, instead of ex dancers and show people;

There does appear to be an abundance of chorus liners at qvc towers: ie JF, JR, CS, CH, JH

I can see where you are coming from. Catherine comparing one with the other doesn't quite match up but I have to say I have one of these click free back ups and they are very good, easy to use and small to store. Usually there is an expert to talk this product through.

Dramatic yes but I can see where she is coming from. I have over 20,000 photos on mine plus loads of other stuff and I would be devastated if I were to loose them which is why I have a back up drive.

Hi first comment.
Catherine has probably been given a list of key words to use, words like insurance, QVC want you to believe this is another insurance you need, getting real isnt what they do, if they did they wouldnt sell that much. Theyre trying to hook you quickly before you start to think, and realise you may not need or like the product

I've got it too, and always back up. Just recently, however, after having done so when I unplug the cable, it causes my computer to lose all power and I have to switch it off and power it up again. Anyone else experienced this? It has just started to happen, and I have been using this device since it made it's debut on QVC.

Are you pulling the usb plug directly or are you stopping the device first then pulling? In Windows XP this does cause a crash on high current drain usb devices.

In the 5 o'clock hour, the electrical home, Catherine Huntley was presenting the click free hard drive when, in her attempts to convince us that this item is a must have, she compared not backing up to driviing a car without insurance. Not exactly. Driving a car uninsured is illegal. I have not yet heard of a computer user being fined for not using a back up device. If you don't back up your files and lose them, you are the only one who will suffer. If you cause an accident and are not insured, the victim will be the one who will have to endure the fiinancial consequences of the uninsured driver's stupidity and illicit action.
Wasn't she the presenter a couple years ago who didn't seem to know what a CD was for
on a software product.????:talking:

A word of warning about Clickfree. I got one when they were first on QVC and it was very straightforward, as they said. However after using it for several months I discovered it wasn't backing up ALL my files for work. I'm a self employed secretary and the computer programme I use is quite a complex one which is for the medical profession (BUPA rates etc). The programme experts dialed into my computer and sorted it out for me so that the Clickfree did do its job properly, but it could have been disastrous had I not had to transfer data from it onto a another system and realised it wasn't all there.

Latest posts

Back