Dawn Bibby leaves QVC after 18 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone was asking on the qvc fb page tonight so it's true.. Jesus Christ what's Craigie going to do without his Dawnie????

Someone was asking on the qvc fb page tonight so it's true.. Jesus Christ what's Craigie going to do without his Dawnie????

With a bit of luck she might take him with her...:mysmilie_59:

dawn has looked like she is bored with the craft thing for a while.
good luck dawn in your new ventures.

I don't suppose there is the remotest chance that they will replace her with someone that has a personality. Amy's repetition of the word "gorgeous", used in several contexts, and weird jerky accent, had me rushing to turn off on Monday - and before I'm pulled up, I am from Lancashire too....
Craft on QVC is b.o.r.i.n.g these days with endless pre-cut, pre-fabricated card kits. I want to be challenged, I want to see enthusiasm.....I want the moon.....

I don't suppose there is the remotest chance that they will replace her with someone that has a personality. Amy's repetition of the word "gorgeous", used in several contexts, and weird jerky accent, had me rushing to turn off on Monday -

Anyone can learn the mechanics of crafting but it has to come from the heart to sparkle!

She is one of my least favourite 'experts' - I can recall when she was getting married, and she refused to say where the church was as people would turn up! She is such a narcissistic woman who has only benefited from all of the publicity garnered from appearing on QVC. So many other craft guests have been appearing lately who's opinions and experience is not as generic as Dawn's, so I don't think that from a practical point of view she will be missed.

Dawn hasn't inspired me to craft for ages but good luck to her. She says she's making an announcement soon.

Not one of my favorites so am not at all sorry to see her go but then again I am not a crafter so switch her off.Is what she is doing next going to be a cliffhanger with the odd 'reveal'.A drawn out saga as if anyone is very interested like her marriage breakdown.You are not even a Z list Celeb. Dawn!

Rumour is she's off to Create and Craft, and there has been a rift with Amy. Not sure whether either is true, but that's what's doing the rounds this morning. It really could all be just stories.

I like the lady who has filled in for Dawn sometimes Caroline. She is very calm,makes beautiful samples and explains everything very well. Also doesn't seem to have the ego from hell.

Not one of my favorites so am not at all sorry to see her go but then again I am not a crafter so switch her off.Is what she is doing next going to be a cliffhanger with the odd 'reveal'.A drawn out saga as if anyone is very interested like her marriage breakdown.You are not even a Z list Celeb. Dawn!

It's drama made my the viewers and the craft community and QVC imho!

Rumour is she's off to Create and Craft, and there has been a rift with Amy. Not sure whether either is true, but that's what's doing the rounds this morning. It really could all be just stories.

i prefer to take it as gospel :angel::angel:

i must say that when i saw the promo for "that Amy" doing her own show with CD's or something i thought "Hmmm i wonder how El Bibbo is taking to THAT idea!" i decided to be nice and concluded that because Dawnius is always sooooo tired she had sensibly decided to hand over some of the responsibility to her nearest and dearest. Now we hear of a rift and the suspicions i had tried so hard to suppress turn out to be TRUE!! she is jealous of the limelight being cast on other craft presenters.

she hasnt had a great couple of years really.... the lengths her ex husband went to get rid of her (go to south africa for family reasons, "lose" passport so he cant fly back with dawn as scheduled, passport stays lost, 3 weeks later penny finally drops he aint coming back and never intended to.... nice touch JJ that makes dumping someone by text look positively gentle). i could almost feel sorry for her if her on-screen persona hadnt been so blooming miserable before all the trouble started.

i'm sure she has plenty lined up, i assume she is a "name" in the craft world.

change is good.

Sounds like she's had a horrible time of it and no doubt before it was obvious on air, she was having problems at home. You can only hide things for so long...
She was probably very depressed and when you run your own business, you can't take time off sick while you get over things. I feel sorry for her and I hope that things improve and she's able to move on.

I'm very ham-fisted at crafting, my greatest achievements being in cross stitch with a few very dodgy knitting projects, most notably a sweater originally intended for hubby, then destined for daughter, and finally ending up on a large teddy! I can't think of a worse torture than trying to make greeting cards.

But - I would really be interested if anyone came up with a complete bead stringing and knotting guide. I've had some pearls re-knotted and it cost about £60! Any expert advice welcome. Thanks

Latest posts

Back