Tom from Alpha-H

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I do like listening to him - he's very knowledgeable (sp?) about his products, does his research (e.g. QVC feedback), and has some sales ability without being OTT.

Wouldn't mind him as a general beauty guest or even presenter.

I like Michelle as well. No hard sell just common sense and a very believeable presenting style.

Yes, he's a nice chap isn't he? Very good sense of humour and nice presenting style - explains everything well. I'm not much of an Alpha-H user (though have been using a small tube of the Absolute Eye Serum and it's not bad at all), but do like watching his demos.

Yep, totally agree about Tom, he knows his stuff but keeps it simple and straightforward and doesn't get hysterical about any of the products in terms of ridiculous claims. I also like very much that he doesn't bang on about celebs all the time, makes such a nice change from a lot of the other guests on QVC!

Talked to Tom for ages at a NYNY event a couple of years ago and he seemed genuinely interested in discussing my routine and offered very hlepful advise without pushing extra purchases. Not just me, he seemed very sincere talking to everyone there...a breathe of fresh air after grumpy Alexis on the L'Occitane stand.

I wonder if he's still in touch with Lee (former Philosophy guest) ; they did a skincare web video together, a few year ago?

Jude xx

I like him too. No airs and graces and is truly knowledgeable and explains things clearly.

I also like Paul from Bobbi Brown. I think they both have the same down to earth attitude. Really easy to watch.

Talked to Tom for ages at a NYNY event a couple of years ago and he seemed genuinely interested in discussing my routine and offered very hlepful advise without pushing extra purchases. Not just me, he seemed very sincere talking to everyone there...a breathe of fresh air after grumpy Alexis on the L'Occitane stand.

I wonder if he's still in touch with Lee (former Philosophy guest) ; they did a skincare web video together, a few year ago?

Jude xx

Lee was another great guest and possible presenter that QVC "allowed" to leave - does anyone know the story behind his sudden and unannounced departure ?

I liked Lee as well,knowledgeable and down to earth.Didn't talk rubbish.Never watched philosophy since he left!

Shall we start a petition to get QVC to replace motor mouth Young with Tom from Alpha H? We might actually learn something from watching beauty shows rather than having the hysterical AY saying nothing we haven't heard a thousand times.

Oooooh ... Lee was a dish wasn't he (I miss him ) ... !!!!! I too have stopped watching the Philosophy hrs with the blonde lady ... she could talk a glass eye to sleep and then some .....

The lovely Tom ... he is a love ins't he ... I bet his clients just doze off in the beauty chair, when he gets going with his face massage and dulcit tones ... !!!

Missy x

Before today I knew nothing about Alpha-H except to see it mentioned in a thread on here. By chance I saw the short presentation in the Morning show and was impressed by both guests. Watched the hour later in the morning and soon decided to for today's TSV. Good to see such watchable and affable guests......certainly worked for me! :nod:

Oooooh ... Lee was a dish wasn't he (I miss him ) ... !!!!! I too have stopped watching the Philosophy hrs with the blonde lady ... she could talk a glass eye to sleep and then some .....

The lovely Tom ... he is a love ins't he ... I bet his clients just doze off in the beauty chair, when he gets going with his face massage and dulcit tones ... !!!

Missy x

unfortunatley for us girlies he bats for the other side:envy:

Thought he might do somehow lol, - I do really like him, he seems really friendly and knows the products really well - I really like watching the Alpha H shows with him demonstrating things :happy:

I've just had a quick nosey at his website, and I don't think the photos do him justice.

I like Tom too. The more I watch qvc (less in fact these days) the more I realise how difficult it is not to irritate in some way. There are very few who manage it and Tom is amongst them. A decent bloke who seems approachable and modest yet knows his stuff and can communicate in a calm and friendly way. No whiff of 'the guest who's been randomly selected to flog a product' about him.

I like Tom too. The more I watch qvc (less in fact these days) the more I realise how difficult it is not to irritate in some way. There are very few who manage it and Tom is amongst them. A decent bloke who seems approachable and modest yet knows his stuff and can communicate in a calm and friendly way. No whiff of 'the guest who's been randomly selected to flog a product' about him.

quite right - he shows genuine passion for the products without going over the top.

Actually Lee did the same for Philosophy.

quite right - he shows genuine passion for the products without going over the top.

Actually Lee did the same for Philosophy.

you can tell they're from the same mould i seem to think Tom and Lee are friends...i too neve watch philosophy or buy from them now but did buy bucket loads when it was lee just goes to show what a good presenter he was

:clapping:

I know, it was pretty obvious he was very much in touch with his feminine side ... doesn't make him any less dishy though ... !!! Lets start a chant .. all together now ... "bring back lee", "bring back lee" ........ :clapping:

Missy x

I just had a nosy at the photos of Lee, but didn't recognise him. :blush:
A couple of years ago I bought a few Philosophy products and it was definitely a fella.....and the name Lee rings a bell.....who was the very personable guest presenter. Did he look a bit different in the flesh.....so to speak?

Latest posts

Back