Zumba

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
How is everyone getting on with it?? I've found it quite easy to pick up as I love dancing anyway and have done salsa classes in the past.

The 20 minute work out seems to fly by!

Haven't noticed any difference in the inch war but I am enjoying it. Haven't used the doofer sticky things though. Am slightly worried I'll get carried away and fling one across the room.

Same as you really - the 20 mins seems quick and I'm yet to use the sticks.

Found the hour introductory steps quite boring - turned off after 35 mins - could stand no more!!!

Just need to get into a routine to do it

Love the disk for flat abs - fun work-out and much better than doing boring stomach crunches. I've done the 20 min workouts but think it will be a while before I can handle an hour's work out :sweat:

I'm used to doing the hour's work out once a week so I've done the 20 minutes the last two days, today was a rest day (achey legs) and then tomorrow I'll see about the toning stick workout. I'm aiming at Zumba 5 times a week, 3 times the 20 minutes, once the cardio and once the toning work-out. We'll see whether I manage to settle into a routine!

I didn't do the introduction, I just went straight in. I'm not "a dancer" in Amy way shape or form but I can dance and I know some basic steps. The hip hop bit was the only one that I had to concentrate on.

At least we are giving it a go girls! Crikey assuming we are all girls giving it a go. :eek:)

I too found the instructional DVD a bit heavy going and gave up after half an hour or so. Having said that, I go to a Zumba class each week anyway. I did, however, think the instruction on it was excellent, breaking down each step into easy to manage segments. If I struggle with any tricky footwork on the other DVD's I'll go back to the instruction section to pick it up slowly.
I have done the 20 minute one and it is pretty easy and fun.
I have also done the cardio one and managed to follow it except where it was really fast.
I haven't tried the other DVDs yet or used the shaker sticks. I'm enjoying it though which is the main thing as it will keep me going back for more.

Well I'm really enjoying it, had to take a break over the last week as we're doing an office refiling and I've done my back in (amazing how moving a couple of hundred files can knacker you out!). Anyway getting back into it this week.

The 20 min workouts do shoot by and the hour ones are hard work but worth it I think, I always comes away sweating and a bit red faced!

Going to try my best and stick in with it though! Good luck guys! x

I've been doing it for a week. Actually bough tit from Argos rather than QVC but have had the lurgy so couldn't start straight away. Have done a bit of dance so found most of the steps fairly easy to pick up. Quite a bit overweight so have been taking it slowly - so far I've done the 20 min & the Abs routines ( 3 times over 6 days) and have to say I'm enjoying it ! It's been a looong time since I did any exercise so it can't be bad :happy:

A good friend of mine has tried it and she's lost a fair bit of weight!
Wish I could try it, but I have a gammy knee after wrecking it doing Salsa dancing, and it might just finish it off completely.
Dance is such a great way to exercise :sun:

Just did the 20 mins again, was stalled the last 3 days since we started building a tv cabinet in the middle of the living room and it turned into a lengthy process. What I like is that if I'm half a beat behind I just leave it like that if I feel I can't keep up - in class I'd try to hurry along and not do the steps properly because of it.

I like the sense of fun about it and our teacher was mainly a Salsa teacher & performer and was very on-beat and precise in all her movements and you could tell she felt silly doing the more relaxed dance moves. (the hill-billy stomping in the cardio and the twist must be my favourite things! especially the 'hand to brow' pleases my inner drama queen)

Unfortunately this weekend I've overdone it somehow and I can barely walk so will have to leave it for a couple if weeks I think. I fell down the stairs in December and tore my thigh muscle which hasn't healed properly. I'm fine once I can get up but it's standing up or sitting down that's bleeping agony. I'll have to work from home tomorrow as I can't get out of my car without help ... lol ... I can see the funny side this time. Or at least I can today.

Will def keep the DVDs though because I think the 20 minute quick one is perfect to try and get me back to proper exercise.

Can you pick it up even if you've got no co-ordination whatsoever?! Ummm.. I'm asking for a friend.. of course! :sweat: Mine is on advanced orders, hoping will ship tomorrow. Looking forward to having a go.

i got a set of dvds on ebay because the tsv sold out so fast and i didn't want to wait till the end of the month! hate to be the odd one out but i don't enjoy it at all. maybe because although i like dance, i've never had any interest in salsa - more a disco queen :blush:

the dvds are obviously different because i don't have the 20 min one everyone is talking about. the beginners in my set is 20 mins and i can just about follow the steps now after several tries but the others are so fast i just end up sort of mindlessly jumping around :confused: i also have the music on my brain for hours afterwards...........:wonder:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here !! Just had a look on the QVC website reviews for this item. There is someone who has lost 9lbs in a week doing these dvds. I have been doing it for nearly two weeks now and when I popped into Boots yesterday to weight myself - I have put weight on !!! I have cut out all junk food and eating more healthy - so where am I going wrong !!!

Tabatha, don't panic.
You've probably toned up some muscle and muscle weighs heavier than fat.
In toning the muscle, you will then burn off fat more quickly. You may even see a difference in your body shape already as the toned muscle will make a difference - a good one, but even if you're not noticing a difference yet, you will do soon.
And then the weight will start to come off.

It's always best not to lose weight quickly, so you're not doing anything wrong :up:

Oh that sort of thing always irritates me. I couldn't shift 9lbs in a week if I starved myself and exercised for hours every day. And realistically you shouldn't be able to if you're already watching what you eat and doing some exercise. So please don't beat yourself up on that score.

And ... whilst I'm on my soapbox ... losing the weight isn't the hard bit. That'll be keeping it off.

I think that aiming to be healthy, fit and happy is the key.

Not quite got it in the DVD player yet - likely give it a go on Thursday. 20 min seems the way to go and miss instruction - as you seem to be able to recap during it.

Latest posts

Back