Jill Franks and Michelle Hope

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madaunty

Quietly, Very Confused
Now, I think it's generally accepted that Ms Franks is not the sharpest tool in the box. But, heeeeeeelllllllooooo, if she really can't find a decent pair of trousers for under £75 - 120 as she claimed during the Michele Hope hour, then frankly (no pun intended) she shouldn't be allowed out on her own. :headbang:

Both her and MH gushing on about unbelievable prices compared to the "High Street" where you'd pay £40 for a camisole, etc..... is making me think that they don't shop in my High St. I know they all do it, but for some reason seems even more irksome from these two. :devil:

Then, there's MH telling us, as Sharon appeared in a particularly "fetching", multi-coloured, migraine inducing ensemble, that people would turn and look at you. Said with a straight face, never mind fashion design, the woman should be an actress. Just give her the Oscar now. :wonder:

i have to say, in the midnight hour, i really never have seen anything like it (or the clothing!) the pair of them went on and on and on in disbelieving rapture about the prices non stop! by the time MH had said for the millionth time - no-one would ever believe you paid THAT for it, my only thought was - yeah you're right. no-one would believe you'd paid more than £3 in primark. if anyone was actually interested in purchasing, they were getting zero info on size, composition, washing etc - ONLY what an unbelievable bargain it was....

and if they say the edges are BINDED one more time....................:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Ms Flint is a great one for banging on about the value for money and leaving about 10 seconds for a description of the product. It's truly maddening.

Ms Flint is a great one for banging on about the value for money and leaving about 10 seconds for a description of the product. It's truly maddening.

hear hear!! when buying clothes that you cannot actully touch and try on you need a detailed description of the fabric (or should I say "fabrication"), measurements and washing instructions. Not some woman practically having an orgasm about the wonderousness of the garment. If I was to react physically to most of the clothes that QVC sell I think it would involve vomiting rather than transport of delight. Got it on at the moment and Tania is wearing a polyester rag that looks as if it has been made by melting a few old ladies' scarves together. Oh silly me its actually a "Havanna Print short sleeved shirt" It looks as if someone has intentionally set out to create the most hideous garment for a laugh.

I have to admit that this is where IW wins - they show the item then go straight to the size charts.

Yes Pickles, that's about the only upside of IW having so few products. They have ample time to go into detail and even then you often have to stay tuned until they get round to the interesting bits. Far too many drills and ladders though which mean I hardly ever tune in at all! The presenters all need to remember that the sound of their own voice alone is not enough to sell a product. The quality of their pronouncements surprisingly also has a bearing.

Unfortunately the clothes are so unutterably dire they have little choice left but to try and brainwash us into buying them. I watched in complete fascination as they desperately gabbled on trying to convince that these multi coloured pieces of fabrication were the answer to our outfit prayers. It was quite entertaining in a Kafkaesque kind of way!

What possesses MH to dream up these creations? Why is she allowed to? Can anyone stop her?

I had one of my (relatively infrequent) visits to the 'High Street' today and I really take issue with QVC and their prices for 'fashion'. I can only think that Michelle and Jill's street must consist of high-end stuff such as Armani and Chanel. And yes, I got a pair of trousers for less than £75!!! Half that in fact - and they are really nice - despite the fact that they are not polyester nor are they lime green with lacy bits :happy:

Unfortunately the clothes are so unutterably dire they have little choice left but to try and brainwash us into buying them. I watched in complete fascination as they desperately gabbled on trying to convince that these multi coloured pieces of fabrication were the answer to our outfit prayers. It was quite entertaining in a Kafkaesque kind of way! What possesses MH to dream up these creations? Why is she allowed to? Can anyone stop her?

What's the betting Jill will be calling it that later tonight!!

It doesn't suprise me I think that JF's idea of high street clothes is not the same as mine especially after watching her this morning, I couldn't believe my ears this morning when JF was talking about a £45 clutch bag being used as a make up bag instead, obviously money is no object in her life and that's okay but really her director needs to tell her about real life.

I caught up with events this afternoon when MH was on with Julia HRH. I smiled cos really, that sort of clothing is usually 'throw away' holiday items you get from the supermarket - items you pay no more than a tenner for and are certainly not meant to be investment pieces.

I am convinced they appear to the 'Hyiacynth Buckets' of this world, women who are wooed in cos of the superficiality.

On another note, MH said to JR 'put the purple one on the rack first for it will make it sell out' - ti thought that was a bit inappropriate.

Did anyone notice (between something in the studio apparently making Michelle cough) that Michelle was a bit touchy with Jill, when she asked "what were you thinking when you created that" I think Michelle took it the wrong way for a minute and then realised what she actually meant and spoke at length about her inspiration. It amused me anyway as I was thinking it all the way through!:devil:

Latest posts

Back