Tula vs Kipling bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

London

Registered Shopper
Watching the Tula handbag hour. I am liking the classic simplicity of these bags.

No enormous hardware weighing the bag down. Another nice thing is the number of colours in the designs ie just a couple of choices, Sometimes with Kipling I think there are soooooo many colours its overwhelming. Also like the little tag as opposed to the 'named' monkey things that Kipling have. (No offense if you love/collect Kipling :hi:)

Just wondering has anyone bought a Tula bag? What is the quality like?

I've got a couple of Tula bags (not bought from QVC) and the quality of both is great. I love Radley too, although not the heavily embossed/pictures ones, and again they are fab quality.

However, I prefer Kipling when travelling as they are so light-weight before you starting packing in all your necessities and they hold lots of stuff!

I also have a couple of Tula bags - bought in the late '80s from John Lewis. They are still ok, although I haven't used them for years now, soft leather and very well made. Can't comment, though, on whether the quality of Tula bags is still as good these days, but certainly used to be.

I agree with BuzyLizzie in that both Tula and Kipling have their place, depending on what you want them for. I always use Kipling if I am travelling or having to walk any distance as they are so lightweight, but are a casual bag as far as I am concerned ( haven't tried any of their leather range, which is smarter ) whereas Tula is a bit dressier and classic. In fact my Tula bags, even though they are 30 years old, could still be used today without looking 'nunty' .

Are Tula and Radley made by the same company these days? I think they are but I'm not 100% certain.

I have a small black cross body bag that I use regularly at least once a week from Tula. It's beautiful leather and a really good size and I bought that in 1998! It often gets it's handle knotted round it and shoved in a bigger bag. It stood up to some creep trying to snatch it on the tube in 2003 or thereabouts. He pulled it so hard, he hoped to break the strap ... his luck was out and mine was in. But I did have a strap mark down my back. So I'd definitely recommend Tula.

I buy kipling as mainly I don't want a leather bag.

However I do feel the likes of Tula,is a much more "grown up" sophisticated bag.

Thank you ladies (I asume you are all ladies :happy::happy::happy:).

I think I might look into buying one, haven't treated myself to anything for ages and as I work hard why not, now I know they are good quality and will last (years by the sound of it, 30... mmm might even outlast me, now theres a thought).

As I also NEED a purse I might even treat myself to one as they looked lovey too. :sun:

Tula are made by Radley now so not sure what the quality is like as my Tula ones are old ones. Fab leather like others have said on the old ones.

I've just replaced my old Tula purse with a bargain Ri2k one from asos that was only £13 in their sale. First thing I did was sniff the leather:blush: Personally I'd check out asos and TK's. I think the QVC selection of Tula is boring

I love Tula bags but was disappointed with the selection today - I've bought mine from John Lewis in the past. I didn't know they were now made by Radley - I had heard that the Radley designer had moved over to Ciccio tho. Going to Nottm on Sunday - I may check what John Lewis have in as I feel a definite NEED for a new bag!

Radley are brilliant quality bags too. I'm not keen on some of the newer Radley bags with all the twee twiddly bits but I've got two small/mini handbags that are also as good as new. One is pale blue and the other deep pink. The pale blue one hasn't got a mark on it and must be at least 5 or 6 years old. And sometimes pale colours mark easily.

I also like Ri2k but I think their bags have changed in style over the years and they don't really work for me any more. The last one I bought was one they did for Breast Cancer Care. It's a stunning bag that looks like it's from one of the big designers. Trouble is it's pale dusky pink and I don't think it's wearing as well as it ought.

I have several Radley bags,all in great condition and gorgeous leather.They are excellent quality.
I got two tula purses a few months back,gave one to my cousin for her birthday,she really loves it.
The purses were around £13 each and very nice quality.

No Boffy I don't know that name at all.
Was it a while back or not?

I have a few Radlay ones and a decent Tignanello I got the other week,the bucket bag in cognac,its gorgeous.
I have a few Kipling b they are not leather,the leather ones do look good quality though.

enny bags are similar to tula leather bags but the leather was sublime.
very very expensive bags were around the £75-£200 mark in the 70's,80's and 90's went bust a while ago so in those days 2,3,4 weeks wages.
very classic looking.

I got a wonderful Enny bag quite a few years ago from tk's. Was sad when I found out they'd gone bust. Also have a Texier one which still looks like new. Was one I'd lusted after for months and then I managed to buy it when it was reduced.

some of the bags look way more expensive than they are.
qvc should replace the charlie lapson with these beauties.

Ooo lovely. The first bag on that link is my perfect handbag shape and style. Very Hermes or Mulberry.

Latest posts

Back