Bare escentuals and alpha h

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catlady

Registered Shopper
Have used BE for years and Alpha H for about 6 weeks. Put my bare escentuals on yesterday (First time since using alpha h) and my face went crackers !!!!! Had to wash it straight off. It was itching like mad. Any ideas anyone. Has anyone else had this reaction.

I use the two together without problem. Did your face feel sensitive before you put the BE on?

It didnt. My skin has never felt or looked better. I wonder what it could be, especially if you use the 2 with no problems xx

BE is notorious for causing itchy soreness , it's due to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride ( excuse spelling ) there is a lot of info about this on line . Search for mineral makeup ingredients , you are not alone. It maybe the alpha has sensitised your skin ? I use prescription retin A gel for my spotty wrinkly skin and now have supersensitive skin .I had to stop using BE and switch to a bismuth oxy free mineral make up.
Although BE is a great brand and I use a lot from the range , just not foundation :( .BE bang on about being so natural etc. We assume that means non irritating , not the case.

Bismuth oxy is the ingredient that gives the glow or in my case shine! interestingly the new BE matte foundation is bismuth oxy free , I can use this with no irritation.

Maybe worth considering ?
Cat x

Maybe if you use a primer before the BE foundation you might be ok; also the BE brushes are quite rough, there are softer Taklon brushes available which would be kinder to skin sensitised by the Alpha H?

Jude xx

bismouth is an irritant specially when you get hot.maybe use a primer first as suggested.mind you when its hot i dont do the full makeup as the alpha-h does keep your skin looking fab and flawless.

Bismuth is actually a poison so just remember that when you are buffing and inhaling.:devil: Arsenic has also been used as a beauty product for years, it brightens the skin. So just because they keep telling you its a natural mineral does not mean it cannot kill you.

Just finished a book about the history of Victorian murder and yes bismuth has been used to kill.:sweat:

Bismuth is actually a poison so just remember that when you are buffing and inhaling.:devil: Arsenic has also been used as a beauty product for years, it brightens the skin. So just because they keep telling you its a natural mineral does not mean it cannot kill you.

Just finished a book about the history of Victorian murder and yes bismuth has been used to kill.:sweat:

ooer! that is horrid natural does not always mean the best or safest...

it always amuses me no end when they go on about natural vs manufactured chemical compounds in cosmetics. just because it is natural does not mean it is the best, and of course vice versa.
A further problem with skin is that it can also react at hormonal stages to almost anything, even things you have previously be fine with.

I use Lily Lolo mineral make up which I've found to be really good, no nasty bismuth wotsit either! Samples are really cheap and delivery is next day normally (that's 'normal' delivery!) I'd recommend it without hesitation :sun:

http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/

Thanks for all of your help ladies. Will have a look at the other mineral foundations mentioned. I will have to change that as no way would i stop using Alpha H. Its worked wonders on my skin. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back