Plants of the month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anne

Registered Shopper
Not sure if anyone buys plants from QVC but check out Thompson and Morgan as they have some offers on. 5 x Petunia Phantom Plug Plants at QVC are £12.70 incl p & p but T&M have 15 for £7.99 Codes around for free delivery.

i like the 10 tomato seedlings for the best part of £18.00 not..

bought some baby plum tomato seeds £1.99 for 6 expensive enough. all germinated and growing well!

Lots of the mail order nurseries have bumper bargains of bedding plants like petunias, busy lizzies, begonias etc now that it's coming close to the end of their shipping times for these & they need to shift surplus stock before it's too late.

Check the back pages of newspapers, or nursery websites, & there are lots of really great deals around.

Lots of the mail order nurseries have bumper bargains of bedding plants like petunias, busy lizzies, begonias etc now that it's coming close to the end of their shipping times for these & they need to shift surplus stock before it's too late.

Check the back pages of newspapers, or nursery websites, & there are lots of really great deals around.

even try the dreaded garden centres with full size plants not plugs.

Morrisons always have good plants at very reasonable prices.
Aldi also did some excellent basket plants recently too.
I've given up with plug plants as they seem to take too long to get going...so I tend to shop around for bigger plants.

even try the dreaded garden centres with full size plants not plugs.

I must confess to cheating! I buy full size busy lizzies from the gdn centre for about 80 pence each then I cut off 4 or 5 stems and root them in water -1 week max. I pot them up and they catch up into full size flowering plants within 4/5 weeks. The mother plant just keeps growing, so no waste.

You can root fuchsias in water too, they would take longer to grow to flowering size but you would have them in bloom for Aug/Sept/Oct.

Linda (aka RJ :puke:)

Morrisons always have good plants at very reasonable prices.
Aldi also did some excellent basket plants recently too.
I've given up with plug plants as they seem to take too long to get going...so I tend to shop around for bigger plants.

A few people have told me about plants and other gardening bits 'n bobs but they've always gone by the time I get there :doh:

I got a small white hydrangea in Sainsbury's a month ago for £2.99 and its growing well, hopefully it will have a few flowers by mid summer.

A few people have told me about plants and other gardening bits 'n bobs but they've always gone by the time I get there :doh:

Aldi will send you an email with their offers in, twice weekly, well before the date they are going to be in store so you can plan when to go :up:
Here are the ones for this Thurs (bedding plants too!)
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week20Thursday11.htm

You can register for this newsletter here:
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/service/newsletter.php?WT.z_src=main

Morrisons are better in that their plants always seem to be available.

Latest posts

Back