Gatineau products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
What do you all think of Gatineau products? I have tried melatogenine in the past and found it too greasy,but am thinking of trying defi lift because that is sounding more suitable for me-not many wrinkles but in need of a lift lol. I'm using Clarins at the moment and i'ts lovely-it is the new vital light ones,but I don't like their extra firming range which is why I'm considering defi lift. Is Gatineau as good as Andrew says it is or is it just another hyped up range on qvc? I don't trust the reviews any more which is why I'm asking on here-thanks in advance.

I've never been able to get on with Gatineau as much as I would have liked to. It also feels greasy on my skin and I am not keen on the smell either. Each time I've bought it, its gone back; the only exception being the S.O.S spot stick which I can't live without!

I find the moisturisers way too heavy for me, I have oily skin though - the only Gatineau I like are the Gommage's and the Melatogenine cleanser, Elemis is heaps better for my skin.

I have a dry skin, and the cleanser and toner duo (Serenite) are wonderful for me. I also like the creamy, wash-off cleanser but haven't tried any of the moisturisers.

I don't use Gatineau but Andrew Bagley made me want to throw something at my telly yesterday when he said "Please stop using Soap & Water as it's very bad for your skin" , Well Andrew what did we do in the 1960s , 70s & the 1980s when cream cleansers weren't well known on the market??? I was brought up on soap and water and it hasn't done any harm to my skin whatsoever...

Also did you hear him getting all snooty when he said "Gatineau has been around for 80 years , What other beauty companies will be around in 80 years time , let alone 10 - 20 years?" Pass him a saucer of milk someone.

I haven't been impressed with Gatineau products either. Very greasy and smell so synthetic. I didn't find the Defi Lift as greasy and heavy as the Melatogenine but don't hold your breath waiting for any lifting effect, it doesn't happen!!

I agree with other posts that the moisturisers are thick and heavy but I am using one in the morning at the moment and quite like Gatineau. They have a couple of products which I do buy all time which is the throat gel and eye make-up remover. The masks are quite nice; however I don't tend to buy there stuff as individual products (apart from the 2 above) I usually buy TSV's and use what happens to be in them; some products I've liked and others not so but nothing so fantastic I must go back to it.

I think the trouble is Gatineau seem to have so many ranges and products in each range you can get confusing and never remember what you've actually used! And all in similar packaging, you have to look and the descriptions carefully.

I really like the Gatineau products, although I only buy tsv's as i find the products are far too expensive to buy on their own. I love the melatogenine, I'm 25 with really oily skin. I think the problem could be is that you may be using too much. Thats what i did at the start, and my face was like an oil slick. now i only use a little and pat into the skin and have found a real difference. It has actually balanced my skin. i love the roller ball eye pen too and the body scrub. The melatogenine serum is pretty good too.

Not keen either.

Very greasy and very perfumed. Not something I really want to put on my face again particularly. My skin is relatively dry, yet a week of sparingly applied Melatogenine brought me out in a spotty chin.

The only couple of exceptions would be the Eclat Gommage and the citrussy smelling light moisturiser (also Eclat) which were both in a TSV a good while back. These, I like, but certainly not enough to pay the full price.

I used the Melatogenine for the first time on my dry skin overnight and it was plump and beautiful in the morning. By lunch time the effect has gone and my skin shrunk back. I do not like very temporary effect which means the product chemical laden and it plays chaos with skin cells, I sent it back to QVC.
I prefer Liz Earle and Decleor.

I tried Gatineau out a couple of years ago. I have used Clinique since my teens and was very happy with it. BUT, I got sucked in by all the hype once on a TSV! The first shock was the smell, so perfumed unlike Clinique which are unperfumed. I have had a few Clarins products myself, so I know you will be used to the perfumes but I think that Clarins smell natural and Gatineau don't.

The Youth Surge from Clinique is very good for me. It is a moisturizer rather than a lift but I have had no issues at all with it. I use the dry/combination but they also do a dry/dry and an oily/combination. See if you can get a little sample pot first to try before you buy. Hope you find something you are happy with soon!

Inge x

Latest posts

Back