QVC Jewellery Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WildRose

Registered Shopper
So I had my easy pay code and thought I have a look :happy::happy:
Always ready to spoil myself:blush:
But goodness what a disappointment - and I have only looked on the website:doh:

rubelite - sold very expensively for what it is, I rather have tourmaline not so heavily included. And the prices :headbang::mysmilie_505:
diamonds - look all very small and not very bright, maybe different on the TV and I am being unfair, but no info on clarity on any of the ones I looked at anyway. And again I did not think the prices are all that good either.

and what is sea bamboo? Is this something new I have not come across like trees growing underthe water or are they trying to make coral politically correct now?:wonder:
Think I might miss this easy pay code.

I've just been looking as well and nothing appeals, the prices in general have gone up so much, it puts you off even more. EP is not tempting me at all, I feel they are only offering because most have trouble paying their prices in one big go. No sparkles will tempt me today.

I got the easy pay code too, but it is wasted on me, the 24 hr one product days bore me to tears, so my flexi friend is very safe today. I think the craft and jewellery days are the worst, at least you can have a laugh on fashion days.

I am such a bling girl that I am having to sit on my hands. I'm working from home today so I usually have the tv or radio on in the background.

Sea bamboo isn't coral. It's some kind of plant that grows in the sea. Completely sustainable apparently. It is very pretty and clearly an alternative to coral. Seems to come mainly in a coral pink colour. Although I though true coral was an orangey red? I know my grandma had a coral necklace.

I like rubellite and pink tourmaline. Have the latter but not the former. And I would love a turquoise ring and I'm a huge morganite fan.

Would love a smoky quartz square cushion cut stone surrounded by diamonds in yellow gold too.

I don't think the QVC gem days are as good as they used to be. Nor the selection overall but I think that's down to the price of gold and that overall sales of gold jewellery are down because of it.

GEMDAY is the promotional EP code if any of you want to try it. I am not buying jewellery - but just bought a pair of Clarks shoes from clearance that I have been after for yonkers with it and it worked fine :nod:

Some of the turquoise pieces are really lovely,in my opinion of course,I do love the colour of them.I can't really afford anything at the moment though!

Always ready to spoil myself:blush:
But goodness what a disappointment - and I have only looked on the website:doh:

rubelite - sold very expensively for what it is, I rather have tourmaline not so heavily included. And the prices :headbang:
diamonds - look all very small and not very bright, maybe different on the TV and I am being unfair, but no info on clarity on any of the ones I looked at anyway. And again I did not think the prices are all that good either.

and what is sea bamboo? Is this something new I have not come across like trees growing underthe water or are they trying to make coral politically correct now?:wonder:

Unless its in Last Clicks at knockdown prices I always thought QVC gold jewellery to be over pricey! Perhaps something
to do with the fact they offer a large range of sizes for the rings, but this doesn't excuse the price of earrings etc.
I saw the Rubellite earrings and for the carat weight and colour they were much too dear and likely had a very flimsy gold weight also.

As for the diamond pieces, I'm always befuddled that the American lady...a Diamond grader....never mentions the quality of the diamonds in each piece. Does she think its too technical for us? :smirk: I've been very happy with the few Veronese 18ct YG bonded pieces I've bought in the past at good prices, so think I'll stick to that range.....although it also seems
now to be rising in price!

Looking at the 24 hour review, a lot of stuff is selling out, some of it quite expensive. I wonder if they are carrying less stock of more pricey items these days.

i personally think that its coral....i grow bamboo at home in our wild garden & it grows like mad....anyway coral has been a dirty word now for a long time but a lovely 'stone' to have.however to sell CORAL isnt very PC whereas sea bamboo is intriging is it not ???......thats just my thoughts & based on my brain cell deciding to work the other day when i saw it advertised.......any thoughts anyone

Last edited:
Well I've looked up sea bamboo and it is a coral but it is quite prolific and not restricted to the main coral reefs. It grows all over the world. In it's natural state it's creamy white and obviously dyed that pinky colour as seen yesterday.

Obviously they are not calling it coral on QVC but it is a coral. It just isn't illegal to harvest it.

There was one really pretty sea bamboo ring on yesterday but I was being good and didn't order anything at all.

I treated myself to a morganite ring in rose gold at gem day price. I love rose gold and have always fancied a morganite ring so thought what the heck I deserve a treat, I'm going to a graduation ball (staff not a student--far too old for that!) and have a peachy cream dress to wear so hopefully the ring will go with that

Morganite and diamond accent oval ring

It should have been called Obscure Gem day !!!! where were the emeralds, rubies, sapphires - even that old standby from the good old days Blueberry quartz were nowhere to be seen. Ok the price of gold has gone up, but at least give us some decent gems to look at.

A previous reviewer was right, loads of sell outs, which makes you wonder that the stock levels must have been really low to justify this.

delh - that is soooo pretty, I hope you enjoy it when you get it. I love morganite.

We're skint at the moment, so I wasn't buying but I did watch a few shows as I love my bling. Even if I had spendies, I don't think there'd have been much to tempt me as the prices seemed very high on all the shows I saw. I'm still a £70-80 buyer, I can't justify spending over £100 on a wee treat, so there was very little in my price range. I'll just have to keep my eye on the Clearance section for future treats, i think.

Hope you like your ring too dehl. I also have a morganite ring and I do enjoy it very much.
very good point about the Blueberry Quartz Brissel. Have not seen any of that on QVC for ages
And also thank you for clearing up the Sea Bamboo, really did wonder if it was just coral renamed

Lovely ring Delh. I am sure you'll love it. There was a gorgeous square cushion cut morganite but I decided not to buy anything.

My engagement ring is an oval cut morganite in Rose gold. It's east west across the finger and surrounded by diamonds. It is stunningly beautiful though I say so myself. It does need regular cleaning though to keep it sparkling.

I do have a morganite ring and earrings from QVC and they're pretty but not the same colour and clarity as my engagement ring. Just as well really because it cost an arm and a leg!!

Latest posts

Back