La Roberts in toe-posts rant.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
....on this morning's 1:00am QVC Selection hour :talking: Guest was extolling the virtues of a set of fold-up bags......Julia mentioned the guests shoes for some reason....cue camera close-up of said footwear.....then a shake of the mane and a knowing aside from her Ladyship, something along the lines of, and yes, I'm still wearing my old thong sandals :wonder: Me thinks she's a bit fed up with all the criticism on here. She'll probably have them them grafted to her trotters for evermore now, just to spite us! :happy:

Yes i heard her say that - lets hope she takes note of the comments made by people on this forum.
Her look is really not a good one for someone presenting on a Shopping Channel.

if it bothered her that much she wouldn't wear them. methinks she quite enjoys the attention, negative or otherwise! Those shoes are downright scruffy and they makes her look lazy, which I am sure she isn't.

OK I am coming out of the closet ! I literally, like , like HRH .

I know she wears the thongs and leggings a lot . But come on people !
I know if I have something I feel good in or think I look good in, I tend to wear it to death !

I prefer her honesty and presenting style to some of the other ghastly , skeletal mutton dressed as
mutton, talks crap yeah yeah yeah.......... JF style , does she not have a mirror ?
I have never been put off or turned over at the sight of the toe posts , but frequently turn off at the sight or sound of BS from some of the other presenters.

Cat x

methinks she quite enjoys the attention, negative or otherwise!

I'm sure you've hit the nail on the head here CB. Imo Queenie is one of those women who just hate to be ignored and relishes being centre of attention, we've all met them or had the misfortune of working with one. It's either the office loudmouth or the showoff who dances on the table at the office party, flirts with anything in trousers and makes a complete fool of herself. However, I'm not saying JR is a loudmouth...:devil:

I said in a post a while ago, that I'm pretty sure she's wearing them out of sheer ****** mindendness and in a way I don't blame her!

The other night I saw a fashion hour and Julia and she said that she was sure that people thought that she never took those zippy leggings off! The truth of the matter is that she has two pairs!

:wonder:

me thinks that isnt there a saying that any publicity is good providing they spell the name right & whilst were all saying her toe posts this & toe posts that then the best thing we can do is shut up about her & stand back & see what happens........??

I think she just wears them because they're almost like slippers - shes just used to them,they're handy in her dressing room - probably just as she walks out the door.

I don't like them - I agree,I think they make her look lazy - but to a certain degree,I can see the possible reasoning behind it.

What is a toe-post? I'm sure that the demo of the pilates machine said that it came with a toe-post, which was a sort of trampoline thing you bounced off. This would be very uncomfortable and heavy to wear on your feet.

What is a toe-post? I'm sure that the demo of the pilates machine said that it came with a toe-post, which was a sort of trampoline thing you bounced off. This would be very uncomfortable and heavy to wear on your feet.

Toe post sandals (or flip-flops).

I agree that if JR was bothered by what was said on here then she wouldn't wear those sandals again: but she does, along with the zippy jegging things.

And her mentioning the sandals on air doesn't sound like a rant to me, it sounds more like JRs purposefully telling a group of people that are rather vocal about her appearance that they won't win.

And, not to be controversial or anything, but isn't there a name for a group of people who consistently have a go at someone, possibly over their appearance?

Just a thought...

My first (and probably my last comment) on JR's appearance having seen a bit more of her on QVC recently.
I do think she looks unkempt....in her hairstyle....her make-up....and her choice of clothing and yes....that footwear!
She looks as though she has made very little effort in the self-grooming department.

As a presenter I don't mind her, she speaks clearly and slowly and appears to have good product knowledge.....
putting aside the 'affectations'. However, I can't recall when I last saw her looking well-groomed and stylish. :smirk:

I like Julia and I think she's a good looking woman and she looks great most of the time. I do think the toeposts and jeggings appear too often. And I dont think the jeggings are particulary figure flattering. I dont mind the toeposts but they are too casual to wear with everything.

I don't think for one minute Julia gives the comments on here a second glance. If she has any sense, and I think she has mucho sense, she will either never read or have read a couple of times and for her own sanity decided never to read again.

If I want advice on how I look or a reality I wouldn't listen to a group of random Internet strangers (no offence intended and I include myself in that category) I would trust my own judgement and that of close friends.

I think the toe post sandles have really had their day now.

If I were her I'd keep the beloved toe posts to wear when not on view but any shows sitting on the stools etc get in some real wozzer killer heels and sock it to em! Thats what I would do :blush: if I had the legs and I was her!!!!

OK I am coming out of the closet ! I literally, like , like HRH .

I know she wears the thongs and leggings a lot . But come on people !
I know if I have something I feel good in or think I look good in, I tend to wear it to death !

I prefer her honesty and presenting style to some of the other ghastly , skeletal mutton dressed as
mutton, talks crap yeah yeah yeah.......... JF style , does she not have a mirror ?
I have never been put off or turned over at the sight of the toe posts , but frequently turn off at the sight or sound of BS from some of the other presenters.

Cat x

yeah we all have stuff we wear to death - but we're not on tv are we?? i agree she's by no means the worst presenter but the style - or lack of - and particularly the toe posts let her down.

Interesting thread. Julia is one of the better presenter's, knows her product range and always gives you precise details about what is on offer. Quite frankly she is confident in herself and probably doesn't give a stuff about what everyone thinks about her footwear or leggings and do you know what. I say good on her!! :handshake:

i'm bored with the mules too but the bottom line is that after XX years, going on live TV for JR is like someone going into the office every day. its a comfort thing.

i do have to say that the spite and vitriol that comes out against JR is WAY over and above what i would expect. ok i'm not known for keeping my opinons to myself but wow JR really cops it doesnt she? every move she makes is dissected in a way no other Q presenter gets looked at.

Jealousy amongst women is a tricky thing.

After watching QVC for ... well since they have started I have still not seen her toe post.
I just simply seem to miss the offending item
Does it really - in the great scheme of things -, matter what someone is wearing on their feet when they are presenting something else?
have no views about her hair
and I prefer her presenting to some other presenters anytime

I don't think for one minute Julia gives the comments on here a second glance. If she has any sense, and I think she has mucho sense, she will either never read or have read a couple of times and for her own sanity decided never to read again.

If I want advice on how I look or a reality I wouldn't listen to a group of random Internet strangers (no offence intended and I include myself in that category) I would trust my own judgement and that of close friends.

If she doesn't give the comments on here a second glance, why on earth would she mention/defend her shoes or "jeggings" on air? I think she reads the comments but displays a petulance and defiance and just continues to do what she wants. Her choice - she is an adult and is good at her job, so she can get away with it. It won't stop us commenting, as those shoes really are the pits.

Latest posts

Back