Todays Yankee Hours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
I was soooo looking forward to Todays TSV that despite having terrible flu I stayed up until midnight to watch, and being poorly I have been watching all day too but am very disappointed that all the hours keep showing the same items. The website shows 100+ different items yet the same old ones keep coming up. I think I have seen three presentations so far today of this blinkin 52 piece t-light set. Come on QVC please please show some more exciting combinations. I know you can see all them online but to hear the presenters opinions and descriptions of the fragrances really does help. Julian for example this morning was quite honest and said he didnt like one compared to another. They were prbably telling him off for it down his earpiece but it helped me.

I too would like to see more of a variety instead of the same old stuff they trawl out, has no one got any imagination when choosing what to put in each show. I like to hear descriptions of fragrances not that I go on the presenters opinion alone, I like some effort put in to what they are trying to get me to buy.

Finally, There are lots of new accessories coming out and do we see them on QVC no we do not, If I lived in the States I would have lots of the new stuff coming out but as it costs an arm and a leg to post it here I have to make do with what Q has and what's online.

piper

i'm finding today's shows very boring, there are loads of new candle sets on the website so why are they not showing them?

and also, they keep saying about the tsv being exclusives........... i have all those fragrances in large jars, live in the uk, so they can't be all that exclusive can they?

I thought the last big YC day was very repetitive too ... Most of the shows then like today had the same items on again and again when there were a lot of new candles on the website. So I've only been popping in and out now and again to see if there is something new or different highlighted. QVC doesn't encourage watching as the same things are shown too often. They need to mix it up a bit.

maybe its stuff they want to shift that they keep showing to increase sales.the popular stuff will sell on the website without being on air.

i'm finding today's shows very boring, there are loads of new candle sets on the website so why are they not showing them?

and also, they keep saying about the tsv being exclusives........... i have all those fragrances in large jars, live in the uk, so they can't be all that exclusive can they?

Hi, out of interest do you mind me asking where you got them from. I bought a large jar Orange Dreamsicle online this afternoon as out of the TSV I imagine this would have been the one I'd love and the others I'd end up giving away over time as pressies. So this was a better option for me as it worked out half the cost and was just one (presumably) nice one. Made me smile twice since as Michaela keeps going on about it only being available here today in the whole of the UK, well my one is coming on Friday!

But I'd love to know who else you shop through as normally I only use Yankee Doodle normally but they haven't got them.

But yes today has been incredibly boring and now Charlie is selling dresses, think QVC are struggling a bit today. Even on the Martha Stewart hour with the exception of some glitter they managed to spend a whole hour with punches, poor woman came all the way over from the States to spend the hour chopping corners off pieces of card, my 7 year old could have done this just as well.

Last edited:
Oooh Im on a roll now,

and how many times is poor Michaela going to knock that she has been on holiday only for it to fall on deaf ears, nobody has picked up on it at all, poor girl is desperate to talk about it. Nobody has even asked where she went. I have not personally had a holiday myself for 6+ years as cannot afford to and Michaela made a similar comment to that effect to Julia, so she is clearly chuffed to have gone somewhere. But Julia knocked her straight down by saying something like "oh a holiday the least said about that the better". I thought this was really miserable of Julia as whenever she goes away the whole blinkin' world and his dog has to know all about it.

Personally I wonder how many candles do they think we need? Yawn. I live in a small market town and we have a Yankee Candle shop. I'm no afficionado and if I was remotely interested I'd go in there but even Tesco, Morrisons, Sains etc all set good ranges of candles.

Hi, out of interest do you mind me asking where you got them from. I bought a large jar Orange Dreamsicle online this afternoon as out of the TSV I imagine this would have been the one I'd love and the others I'd end up giving away over time as pressies. So this was a better option for me as it worked out half the cost and was just one (presumably) nice one. Made me smile twice since as Michaela keeps going on about it only being available here today in the whole of the UK, well my one is coming on Friday!

But I'd love to know who else you shop through as normally I only use Yankee Doodle normally but they haven't got them.

i buy from yankee doodle, yankeescents4u, and village candles, all internet sites based in the uk.......... :)

Oooh Im on a roll now,

and how many times is poor Michaela going to knock that she has been on holiday only for it to fall on deaf ears, nobody has picked up on it at all, poor girl is desperate to talk about it. Nobody has even asked where she went. I have not personally had a holiday myself for 6+ years as cannot afford to and Michaela made a similar comment to that effect to Julia, so she is clearly chuffed to have gone somewhere. But Julia knocked her straight down by saying something like "oh a holiday the least said about that the better". I thought this was really miserable of Julia as whenever she goes away the whole blinkin' world and his dog has to know all about it.

You certainly were on a roll. :grin:

i buy from yankee doodle, yankeescents4u, and village candles, all internet sites based in the uk.......... :)

It was yankeescents4u that I bought from yesterday. My order is due tomorrow, wahoo!! They had lots of things I've never seen before, swirl candles, lip balms, handwashes etc etc, plus free gifts with certain order values. Very impressed!!

Latest posts

Back