QVC Reply

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lady Penelope

Registered Shopper
After my comment in Suzy's QVC FB p&p post I have been occasionally popping onto their FB page to see what is happening. Today, after just over 2 weeks, QVC have replied but do not appear to have said anything more than they said in their original reply which basically was a load of 'twaddle'.

On a personal basis I am against any large company that appears to be taking advantage of its customers and it is painfully obvious that this is what QVC are doing with their extortionate p&p prices, especially when you bear in mind that the majority of internet shops charge little or no p&p and I would really like this group of people to have a chance of winning a battle like this.

If you agree that QVC p&p is too high, regardless of whether or not you think this petition will work, can I please ask you to sign their petition. It will only take you a moment and, you never know, although it seems highly unlikely, they may just do some good.

www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/pandp

Many thanks.

So you really expected QVC to actually reply properly?

Nothing will change, a few hundred or even thousand complaining mean nothing to QVC. They sell hundreds of thousands pounds worth of stuff a week.

As said unless their profits go down big time they don't and won't care.

The parent company QVC US have had a campaigne like this from many of their customers for a few years. Has anything changed? No. Infact they get far better deals including shipping than we do.

Shopping elsewhere is not always possible for people in remote areas, QVC has a wide range of items that are not always easily accessable.

A lot of online companies deliver to the same destinations I'd have thought especially as QVC use couriers and RM? Even better shopping around you often get free P&P anyway. I don't agree with their P&P charges so very rarely buy from them now. It has to be amazing value, something I need and something I can't find better value else where. Easy pay and 30 MBG very rarely come into it for me, it's the end value that counts for me:up:

I wholly agree that QVC P&P charges are just ridiculous - and its one of the main reasons,I barely shop with them now.

However,I do really feel that if they offer free or lower packaging - they will just the pass the price difference onto the item - making everything even more expensive.

Shopping elsewhere is not always possible for people in remote areas, QVC has a wide range of items that are not always easily accessable.

Apart from people who don't have a net connection I can't think there is much that QVC sell that is not available elsewhere just as easily as getting it from QVC.

I feel that a large proportion of QVCs audience are elderly or people who are unable to get out to the shops and that QVC are taking advantage of a captive audience who in all probability struggle to make ends meet but do look forward to receiving the "parcel". This is one of the reasons why I supported this petition.

Apart from people who don't have a net connection I can't think there is much that QVC sell that is not available elsewhere just as easily as getting it from QVC.

Where I live there are no large department stores so there is no access to Decleor, Elemis, Smashbox, Bare Escentuals etc etc that is just naming a few. It is not easily accessable to me and I assume I am not alone.

i dont know about the new QVC italy but QVC germany postage costs are 5 euro per order (last time i looked anyway). Sadly they only post to germany and austria.
i believe that they charge so much to cover the cost of the no quibble 30 day mbg. and while i dont like paying the extortionate rates for the postage i would rather pay it and be able to return USED goods if i need to. so far i havent had to use it for make up etc. but at least i know i can.

Yes, QVC does have higher P&P than some online companies. But as others here have said the only way to form any sort of effective protest is to vote with your feet - don't shop there! I don't particularly get the argument re not being able to get the brands QVC sell elsewhere. You can. All of those mentioned above can be found online.

I find myself slightly bemused these days by the idea of "I don't agree with something, let's get a petition together". Yes, in some cases and genuine GOOD causes this has worked, but in the case of a commercial operation like QVC who are doing very well with the existing policy they have, I feel this is a little naive. It's a shop. A business.

No-one HAS to shop at QVC. I certainly shop around online etc, but sometimes choose to buy with QVC because it does give me the opportunity to try something and send it back if I really don't like it. (Of course there have been issues with some people with this, but that's a whole other debate!). I tend to assume that the higher P&P is part of the price I pay for having that facility. I factor the P&P into the total cost and if it's too much, then I vote with my feet!

It really IS down to choice. I don't do my weekly food shopping at M&S because I find them too expensive. However I will not be organising a petition and hassling Sir Stuart Rose with it, because again, it is MY choice where to shop. That, in this case, makes a petition rather like p*ssing in the wind. There are still enough people who are willing to pay what some will consider inflated prices for them to continue to charge that.

Look to other places for the brands you like - they are out there, if you don't want to pay the P&P. That is the ONLY way they would even consider changing their charges, because while most people pay up, why the hell should they?!

Last edited:
I feel that a large proportion of QVCs audience are elderly or people who are unable to get out to the shops and that QVC are taking advantage of a captive audience who in all probability struggle to make ends meet but do look forward to receiving the "parcel". This is one of the reasons why I supported this petition.

I've always thought QVC was set up more for middle aged and middle class viewers to be honest - don't know if anyone has stats to show what categories their views do fit into.

Where I live there are no large department stores so there is no access to Decleor, Elemis, Smashbox, Bare Escentuals etc etc that is just naming a few. It is not easily accessable to me and I assume I am not alone.

You can order all those barns elsewhere online though

Just read your reply Birdie. I did sign as I would love to see capping of p&p. However, you are absolutely right and if we don't like it then we have a choice. I think the 30 mbg is the clinch for me. So if I think I can get something cheaper elsewhere and don't need the extended 'trial period' then that's what I will do! I have a range of outlets that I use and all offer a different service. To keep comparing each as the same is somewhat foolish.

I'm lucky enough to be able to get those big brands either on my high street or when I'm working in London.

My local high street offers Elemis. Decleor. Bobby Brown, L'Occitane, Bare Escentuals, Rockport, Yankee and I can get to Lola Rose, Butler & Wilson, Liz Earle.

BUT QVC offers prices and choices that aren't available. As I've said before the price is there in black and white and you either buy on that basis or you don't.

And the only way that QVC will change their pricing on p&p is if they see their customers walking away because of it. A petition won't do any harm but the signatures need to be in the thousands and those thousands of signatures need to belong to customers who are prepared to walk away.
There are always alternatives and for the big brands there are plenty of alternatives. The brands owned by QVC or solely distributed in the UK aren't so easily replaced but surely nothing QVC sells is irreplaceable?

I haven't signed because I make a conscious decision whether or not
buy on the overall cost and I don't buy enough from or send enough back to QVC for it to piss me off.

Last edited:
"I think the 30 mbg is the clinch for me. So if I think I can get something cheaper elsewhere and don't need the extended 'trial period' then that's what I will do!"

Good point - me too. I got caught by a company which required unwanted items to be returned within 7 days! I was so cross, as that is so unusual for a clothing company I didn't notice it was so short, but really I was stuck with it. Also if I want something like Lola Rose that can be easily faked, and I'm buying online, I buy from QVC, because it is a reputable official stockist, and has a pretty good selection.

Latest posts

Back