Diet Chef TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Hello Everyone

A Diet Chef TSV comes round next Tuesday. Has anyone out there actually tried it and how successful were you?

If we did it, we're tempted to use the Diet Chef website as you can choose how many of each meal you want - even though it's more expensive that way.

Also, are there any meals to avoid?

Cheers.

Mike

Hi Mike

I tried Diet Chef, bought the last 20-day TSV in the vegetarian option. It worked for me, I went from 12st 6lb to 11st 4lb. Fell of the wagon a few times after that and am determined to get back on. I have now ordered direct from the Diet Chef website as I am able to choose the meals I want and have chosen both meat and vegetarian meals also can buy 4 weeks and get 1 week free but will still be watching Diet Chef TSV out of curiosity.

If anyone wants to order from Diet Chef direct they sent me a discount code, you can get £10 off using MYDIFCIV.

I found the majority of the meals really tasty, one or two I don't like but everything is doen to personal taste. I didn't feel hungry and found them easy to use.

The bet thing about them is that it teaches you portion control.

Has anyone else tried them?

LavenderBlue

Easiest way I have found to learn portion control...........buy a smaller plate. It really works try it.

Was looking at this and also Weight to Go from IW. Little too much cash upfront for me right now though!

Anyone tried both... any preferences?

Loved It

I bought it from DC direct and lost over 3 stones. When comparing prices please remember that you are buying 5 week hampers with DC but QVC's were only 4 weeks. Also if they do the "buy 4 months and get 5th month free" this equates to DC but do you really want the same meals every month for 5 months? With DC direct you can choose what you want every month.

I didn't like the Chicken, Mushroom and Pea & Ham Soups but the rest were lovely. When it comes to the meals I didn't like Paella, Salmon Bake aand Tuna Rigatoni (but I don't like pink fish); the rest were OK but its obviously down to personal taste. My favourite meals were Beef in Black Porter, Chicken Curry with Potatoes, Thai Green Curry and Chicken Curry. Just remember if you want to spice up your food you can.

I bought it from DC direct and lost over 3 stones.

Having read that I am tempted to give it a go. 3 stone !!!! amazing weight loss.:sun::sun::sun:

Always think that these things do not fit in with family life/meals but might give it a go.

That's great & congrats to those who have lost weight with DC.I am following a well known Weight loss programme & I find that this gets you into eating the 'right' foods & portion control.Does DC do this when the food is prepared? I think it would be good for a 'quick start' but long term am not so confident.

Have a bit more time now so thought I’d give a bit more info.

I like the breakfasts, different flavours of Granola and Porridge also Muesli Bars which I didn’t try. I sometimes add Blueberries to the Granolas. Didn’t fancy the Strawberry Porridge.
Favourite: Treacle and Pecan Granola and Original Granola
Dislike: Pink Apple and Cinnamon Granola.

Everyday for Lunch is Soup they are quite filling and easy to prepare, just pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes. You have a choice of 21 Soups and if you are out and about can substitute for a milkshake and all the flavours are delicious
Favourite: Carrot and Butterbean, Lentil & Vegetable, love all the Milkshakes
Dislike: Mushroom Soup
Some of the Vegetarian Soups have a lot of Tomatoes in them and some of the Soups are quite spicy! I love Mushrooms but don’t like the Soup, I liked the Pea & Ham but others may not.

Evening meals are tasty, choice of 33, can either microwave or cook them in a pan, they don’t take long to heat up which is great if you have to make meals for the rest of the family and great when you have been out exercising! And don’t think you have the time to make a proper meal. I add a little steamed Veg.
Favourite: Beef in Black Porter, Beef Meatballs,
Dislike: Mushroom Risotto, Salmon & Vegetable Bake, Mushroom Stroganoff

Snacks I think can do with improving I’m not a great biscuit eater and soon got bored with the Snacks
Favourite: Maple Syrup Popcorn
Dislike: Snack Bars, Salt & Vinegar Popcorn

A lot of people have had a lot of success with this range including our own Julia Roberts who is looking much better now she has lost some of the weight she was carrying.

What I di was purchase the 4 weeks with 1 week free ie 5 weeks then used it 5 days out of 7 doing my own thing on a Satuday and Sunday to try to get used to doing it on my own and that way stretched it out to last 7 weeks. All in all worth a go but don’t cheat!!

Good Luck if you're thinking of trying it.

LavenderBlue

Last edited:
I've lost weight easily on DC - it REALLY works and it so easy - I recommend joining the DC forum before you order because everyone has their favourite meals. Personally I'd recommend trying one of everything first time.

Easiest way I have found to learn portion control...........buy a smaller plate. It really works try it.

I have been doing this and also having half the amount of what I usually eat, e.g three roast spuds instead of 6, half the usual amount of pasta, etc. Am finding it really works, have lost about 5 pounds so far over the last 6 weeks. Not changed what I eat, just the amount. Also am limiting the wine too and walking a bit more. I have done Slimming World with great success but piled it all back on again, got a bit obsessed and found that I thought about food all the time, not good!! so would not do a "diet" again.

I can see that this will work for those who are very busy & want everything counted for them.I am following Weight Watchers and I could go to a supermarket & get ready meals if I wanted.DF is acting as though she is eating gourmet food & it doesn't look that attractive.With all weight loss programmes it's finding what works for you!can you have the odd glass or 2 of Wine with DC?How many of you are going for this?

Most of the DC bits can be found in the supermarket cheaper. Nairn's biscuits, the granola - I think it's called Linzee's or something similar - bog standard soup, just have 300ml of it, nakd snack bars. Maybe better to try them to decide whether you like them. When it first came out I tried it and lost 2 stone, again the main lesson was portion control, but after the first trial I bought from the supermarket.

Easiest way to lose 2 stone is to get a good dose of dysentery or gastric flu.

The weight will soon drop off (well, squirt off anyway)

I would like to try Diet Chef but with a family to feed as well it just ain't going to work!

All it is really is portion control done for you so I am trying to do my own version!!

The best thing that I found for weight loss was gall stones - a fat free diet and the weight just dropped off. Unfortunately without the excruciating pain the motivation to cut out the fat is harder to muster but that is the best way for me to lose it.

Good luck to all trying to shed a pound or two - whatever way xx

Latest posts

Back