Acer AS5742Z 15.6" Dual Core Laptop 3GB RAM,250GB HDD PC Tools & 2Yr Warranty
Item Number: 565339
QVC Price £370.00
Super Bargain Price £319.92
AvailabilityIn stock
UK P&P £9.95

Available in 3 Easy Pay instalments of £106.64 plus P&P

Description

Acer Aspire AS57427Z laptop computer with 15.6" display, 250GB hard disk drive, 2.0GHz Pentium Dual Core processor, 3GB RAM and Windows 7 operating system. Features a 15.6" LED display with an Intel Dual Core processor for faster performance. Combine powerful performance and extreme reliability for an ideal multimedia computer system, perfect for work or play.
Experience a smooth and fast performance, even while using many programs at once, with the 3GB RAM memory and 2.0GHz Dual Core Intel Pentium processor.

Store photos, music, video, documents, spreadsheets and more on the large 250GB hard drive.

Technical specifications:

* Display: 15.6" LCD display
* Processor: Intel Dual Core P6100 i3 2.0GHz
* Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM
* Hard disk drive: 250GB SATA 5400rpm hard drive
* Optical drive: DVD-RW Dual Layer drive
* Graphics: Integrated GMA X4500 graphics
* Wi-Fi: Integrated 802.11b/g/n
* Webcam: Integrated 1.3 megapixel
* Audio: Integrated speakers
* Security software: Norton Online Backup Security (trial)
* Battery life: 3.5 hours approximately
* Dimensions (h x w x d): 3.4cm x 38.1cm x 25.3cm (1.3" x 15" x 10")
* Weight: 2.5kg

Input/output:

* VGA port
* HDMI cable out
* Stereo out jack
* Microphone in jack
* Ethernet
* 3 x USB ports

Software:

* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* Microsoft Office 2010 Starter Pack (Microsoft Office 2010 preloaded - purchase a product key to active full version of Microsoft Office 2010 suite)
* Norton Online Backup Security (trial)
* Cyberlink Power DVD

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.565339

Up to £350 really is the budget, not really sold on acer customer service as I think they have been criticised, but the ez pay may help?! Either that or an ipad. I think I would find an ipad 1 more fun and i would definitely use it, but I would find a new laptop more sensible as it has a disc drive and proper functions. I have gone round in circles the last few weeks as i cannot make a decision - really if I had the money I would buy both and use the laptop for updating the ipad and serious documents like cvs. I think ideally i would buy an HP or Lenovo laptop but anything virtually would be an upgrade for me! the ez pay would help but I would prefer to get a reliable option.

Last edited:
Talking of Lenovo, there was a pretty good deal posted on a certain deals website the other day that brought the price down to a highly respectable £229 after a cashback offer by the manufacturer. Similar spec to the Acer too. But the offer is only till the 25th May. Almost tempted myself but want the Lenovo X series tablet...

Latest posts

Back