Zultanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
This is a beautiful stone and the two rings my DD and myself have were bought from QVC, quite dear but worth it (they don't have it anymore though) a few years back. Sounds like something Superman would have I know but well worth a look if you are in the market for something different.

I have quite a few pieces of Zultanite (Diaspore) but they really fail to rock my world. They're sold as colour changers but in all honesty they don't hold a candle to other colour change gemstones and the muted colours can be a bit insipid.

There's quite a lot on the market at the moment so look at GemsTV and TJC because they have some and their pricing is generally much better than Rocks and Co.

This week I've taken delivery of two zultanite rings. The first from TJC, item no. 834855 - a 1.5ct zultanite in 14k gold, no diamonds, bought for £499, but now on their website for £599. The second from Rocks&Co, item no. 174268 - a 2.25 zultanite in 9k gold with eight 1.3mm SI diamonds set into the band, bought for £649. Sorry, can't do links.
Now, I am (or maybe I should say was with all the changes afoot) a big TJC fan, but there is absolutely no comparison between the two stones and I'm looking at them side by side now. The stone from TJC is a dullish khaki colour, not very sparkly and somewhat included. However, the stone from Rocks is absolutely beautiful and wins by a clear mile. The diamonds, though very small, are lovely and sparkly and the zultanite has thrown out some quite blindingly bright sparkles in the sunlight. Its hues are constantly changing between a sort of kiwi green and a pastel pink and it's gorgeous. Can you tell that I love it? It's a long time since I've opened up a jewellery box and been so thrilled with the piece inside and this is coming from someone who really couldn't understand the fuss about this stone.
Well done Rocks, this ring is going nowhere (except on my finger of course!). :clapping:
The TJC one will be winging its way back tomorrow morning.

I adore my Zultanite and Diamond ring from Rocks which I bought when the stone first came to Rocks.
It was an absolute bargain at £299 and definitely has a colour change as you can see from the two photo's below, one taken in natural daylight and the other taken inside with a light on to try to recreate incandescent light.

Daylight
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/virginia10thk/?action=view&current=DSCF5062.jpg

Indoors with a light on
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/virginia10thk/?action=view&current=DSCF5064.jpg

Latest posts

Back