Tiana B

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll be patient with you as I love my Tiana B dresses. I am trying to be good though so I may not succumb. But I do need a dress for a christening in July. Although I think I'd really like a maxi dress.

:wonder: I sometimes wonder if some people are afraid to mention on here that they are Tiana B fans. Maybe its because of all the slagging off the brand gets. I bought the last TSV, it was my first Tiana B and I love it. Contrary to what is often posted on the forum, it is not static, does not make me sweat, hangs brilliantly and skims jelly belly. The first time I wore it I got loads of compliments, many from women a lot younger than me, so I can't have looked too frumpy! (unless they were laughing behind my back he he). I don't love all their stuff, but I always watch the shows and I hope I don't like the TSV (for financial reason obviously!)

I'll be sounding like a stuck record soon but I love the Tiana B dresses I have. I don't, however, like everything they do. But that's perfectly normal I think. To buy one or two bits from this shop, that shop and lots of others.

I'm not sure where the static comments come from because two of the dresses I have are a soft lightweight jersey. Like a super soft really great quality and quite weighty t shirt fabric. The other one is polyester but it's not clingy nor does it make me too hot. Even with the bliddy hot flushes.

I wear dresses practically every day for work and my summer wardrobe is graced by Tiana B and my one Kim & Co crepe shift dress. Along with a couple of fantastic shift dresses from Monsoon plus a few others outfits. Oh and one amazing Nina Leonard sleeveless bright pink dress.

I don't have a problem with polyester as long as it's well made, fits perfectly and is comfortable.

I think that might be the TSV it looks like the one they have in there Get Gorgeous Promo Add. I hope it is as it looks lovely. I too like my Tiana B Dresses great to be worn with trousers. So comfortable. As yet I`ve not tried the maxi dress so just might be tempted.

Cheers SCW. Am keeping my fingers crossed as I rather like the black and white dress looks lovely. I'll keep an eye out for your updates. Thanks for the preview much appreciated!

Am a huge Tiana B fan. Also ronni as well. I love both these ranges as they are so easy to wear and washing and drying is a breeze. Not fussed if others think they are old fashioned. I have had loads of compliments and it certainly does make getting dressed in the mornings so much easier!!:happy:

I have one TB dress and I like it a lot. I wore it this weekend - twice - and I am six months' pregnant. It certainly isn't a sweaty dress, which I am surprised at given the man-made fibre; and it washes like a dream. I like that it doesn't look like a maternity dress, and I'm hoping that I might get another month of wear out of it (I always get frankly monstrous in the last month or two).

I like the look of that dress that SuperCool posted, more in the pink, and I'm thinking it might just do for me, as I don't have any maxi dresses and that one might even do for feeding the baby, due to the cross-over neckline... When is this TSV due?

Oh, I must say, I was very very tempted by some of the Nina Leonard dresses last week, but due to some financial restrictions (ie, The Count said "No"), I had to resist temptation. What does everyone think of NL clothes?

Cheers, CountessK.

I can only really comment on NL dresses because that's all I have. And I love them BUT you have to find your size and if you're a wee waif then I don't think they will fit you. I'm a 20 top and 18 bottom so in a high street store would be most likely to buy a 20 in a dress. In NL I can wear either the XL or the Large. Now oddly I wear the XL if it's more fitted around my bum. If it has a flared skirt then I buy the Large.

So if you're a 10 or a 12 then I would say all of his clothes would be too big.

The only proviso I would give on that is that I am brutally honest about my size and sometimes I don't think the people on the reviews are. So if a 20 is a squeeze sometimes then go for the XL. Or if you like a bit of extra room go up a size.

Ooo now I lied I have a pair of his trousers and given my dress experience and the fact that Kathy said she was a 16 and wearing the large I ordered the XL. Too blumming big. I now have the large and they're fine. I could probably get in the medium too. But again I like trousers that really fit well and I've got good legs for a chubby bird.

Most of the dresses I have are knit and they are warm and cosy and wash like a dream. Just below the knee on me 5ft 5 and a bit. Great with boots. I have one dress in black, brown and purple. I have another dress in his jersey fabric. Square neckline still on QVC in last clicks I think. Blumming lovely BUT I've had the sleeves altered. The sleeves are elbow length, quite full and elasticated. I prefer them as they are now. Not elasticated and not so full. That's just me though and it's not unusual for me to get clothes altered.

The jersey dresses are heavier weight than I would have thought and are lined so hang beautifully. Knee length on me. One is pink and I have a smart wool jacket in a perfect colour match and when I last wore the two together a woman ran after me at Waterloo station to ask where I bought my clothes. :happy:

The trousers are jersey too. Quite silky easy to wear and I am not a fan of elasticated waists but these fit me really well and you don't get that bunching up of fabric round your waist. Great for wearing for smart casual and long enough to wear with heels. Not sure I'd buy them in every colour or wear them for work or out somewhere posh. But that's personal choice on the style rather than meaning they're too scruffy or not well made etc.

Hope that helps.

i think some of the tiana b dresses look lovely but most are too short for me to wear. i have seen a couple of the new ones are a little longer but i have no idea of the sizing. i have tried to compare some of the dresses but the reviews say that the sizing is all over the place and is very dependent upon the style etc. do they come up big in your opinion?

this is the dress i like, it looks a decent length
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.151941/walk.yah.UKFA~U595

Last edited:
I bought two NL dresses at Christmas. Both are what I call sweater dresses and I was pleased with them. I do agree with Tinkerbelle that the sizes are hit and miss. One of mine is large and the other is medium! I am a size 14/16 and 5'6" and they sit on the knee, which is the length I like. Lenny's clothes are roomy and I am reluctant to buy any more, as it costs me 10 euros to return a dress to change the size, which is what happened with these dresses as I am either a medium or large in his range. I do like them though!

Latest posts

Back