Bare Escentuals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

woodmill

Registered Shopper
I am thinking about trying it but I am a bit overwhelmed by what is currently on the website. Does anyone use it? What should I go with for an initial kit?

Thanks!

My introduction to BE was the Bright & Beautiful kit when it was a TSV and it seems like a good starting point. The Brightening Collection they currently have on the webpage is beautiful, with a peach blush and mossy green eyeshadow (wish my Auto Delivery kit had those colours, not the pinks!).

Debenhams has good kits, as well, and they have a Get Started kit in at the moment.

I started with a TSV that contained foundation, mineral veil, well rested and a radiance - think there was also a mini buki brush, mascara and lip gloss all wrapped in a black make-up roll. A kit like this gives you the chance to try a range of complimentary products.

The key, like all make-up ranges is in getting the foundation shade right. BE say that medium beige is the most popular, but I think it's quite dark. My first kit contained the two medium shades, and I wasn't too keen on it, but I now have the Light shades and the difference is amazing. I also use Smashbox Halo in Light (which I prefer) and have Laura Geller B&B in Far (which I don't like as it looks powdery on me). Colour is best added by bronzer, blush etc.

I'd suggest hanging on till the next TSV (sadly you've not long missed one), and maybe take a peek on Ebay in the meantime so you can try out some small sample pots before you commit lots of money.

Also take a look at Just Beauty Direct as they have BE too.http://www.justbeautydirect.co.uk/department/bare_escentuals_clearance/

Latest posts

Back