I need some help please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ALWAYSSKINT

Registered Shopper
You all welcomed me at first on the rockschat and then introduced me to this forum.so i am asking for some help as i do struggle to use the computer.

1. Where can i find a list of all the letters you use to cut your typing short for eg LOL ect.....

2. Where and how do i request friends as i would like to be friends with you all that were there in the first few weeks of the rocks chat.

3.Where will i learn to download photos of my rocks to show you all.

4. WILL I EVER MASTER THE COMPUTER :confused::confused::confused:

lol hello alwaysskint!

It took me two years to learn how to download photos and I still haven't mastered the computer!

I've sent you a friends request, it should pop up on Your Notifications

You all welcomed me at first on the rockschat and then introduced me to this forum.so i am asking for some help as i do struggle to use the computer.

1. Where can i find a list of all the letters you use to cut your typing short for eg LOL ect.....

I'm not sure if there is such a list alwaysskint - if you see someone using an abreviation, just ask what it means - that's how I learned :D

2. Where and how do i request friends as i would like to be friends with you all that were there in the first few weeks of the rocks chat.

If you see someone you want to be friends with, click on their name (at the top of their post) and chose 'view public profile' - you will find an option to ask them to be your friend in there :D

If you use this link
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=CS628
and change the code at the end to the code for the item you want to show us a picture of :D

Of course you will - if you are not sure about anything just ask :D

Last edited:
If you click on a members name you can view their profile and from there you can click "befriend x"

As for the abbreviations, any you want to know, just post and ask.

I just picked them up as I went along but also asked when I was totally stumped.
Found this link for you but there are loads you'll never use. :D
http://www.newfluwiki2.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=916

I'll send you a friend's request in a mo.

It was a very kind and patient forum member who talked me through it ...very slowly. ;)
Took ages before I could do it and my pics are still rubbish. :D
I use Photobucket .. almost idiot proof. :eek:

Learning how to do links also took me ages! :rolleyes:
B]

I'm still trying!! :D

HTH Alwaysskint :D:D

Thankyou to jantaculum,blueshowbizz,sazza,fluff and jan you have been helpful i am sure i will post more help questins soon. i am just happy that i know how to use the smiley faces on here.:):D:):D:)

Join and log into www.photobucket.com, you will see a page like this:

page1.jpg

now say for instance you have a picture in your computer, probably in 'My Pictures' that you would like to show everyone,

click this button on that photobucket page: The button says 'choose files'

page2.jpg

when you click that a box will appear with all the pictures on from your computer:

page3.jpg

scroll down the right hand side until you see the photo you want to upload, when you do click it, some writing will appear in the white box, then click OPEN just to the side, it will automatically start uploading

page4.jpg

When its uploaded you will have a page like this:

page5.jpg

scroll down to the bottom and click 'save and continue' and it will take you to a page like this:

page6.jpg

click your cursor on the bottom line under your photo, the one beginning with IMG and it will go blue and say 'copied', like this

page7.jpg

so then you have the link to your picture saved in your mouse so come onto st.com and make your thread as normal, then place your mouse where you want the pic to be and RIGHT click the mouse, a list will appear, like this

page8.jpg

place your cursor on paste and LEFT click it, a funny line of writing will appear on your post BUT when you click submit reply, it will show you your picture.

Hope that helps :)

Well Done Darlene that is the best step by step guide I have ever seen, you now how carp I am at technical things but even I could follow that.:goldstar:goldstar

Fab tutorial Darls, Your a true star:D

Allwayskint, Don't worry about not being able to post pics etc, ask any of the guys that know me, I made a real b***s up when i first tried to do it too:eek: Lots of patience and lots of help from forum friends got me there in the end:D

Last edited:
Maybe this thread could be pinned (at least for a while) - as people are always asking how to post pics - as well as other things ....... :biggrin

Great guide Darls!

If only the DGPP (Darls Guide to Posting Pics) had been around when I first struggled with this! It took a lot of effort and many silly questions till I had even the slightest idea of what to do!

Great post Darls!

If only the DGPP (Darls Guide to Posting Pics) had been around when I first struggled with this! It took a lot of effort and many silly questions till I had even the slightest idea of what to do!

Great post Darls!

She learnt everything she knows down the docks you know. :D

WOW WOW WOW Lady Darls i better get snapping and ask my son to download the pictures to my computer then i will try to post from your wonderful tutorial. I wont even ask how you got it on to the posts. you have impressed me with your help .

thankyou loads :):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back