colour change andesine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loobi

Registered Shopper
just wondering ....why would Gems tv sell over 1 carat of this in a solitaire for 54.00 when it apparently commands over 1,000 dollars a carat. Surely we arent comparing like with like? Or do we take with a pinch of sat these wild price comparisons?

From what I read natural colour change Andesine is pretty rare and suspicion is that "natural" in a lot of cases means treated by irradiation etc. I have seen alleged colour cahnge Andesine over a carat on sale in the US for less than $100.

There was an enormous hoo-haa in the US about andesine a few years ago. Most andesine is irradiated as Mr Jones has said. It's not an expensive stone and many don't have a great colour change. I bought about 50 to look at and ended up keeping 1.

I bought a colour change andesine from the old Gemstv a few years back( it was with the usual hype about rare rare rare and I got sucked in like you do ) the stone in daylight is a very dark green with flashes of almost neon green which I like, but to see any change of colour I have to shine a torch on it then it goes a reddish colour ,though as I dont keep a torch handy when I wear it I just pop it on when I want to wear a green stoned ring I do like the design and the cushion cut so I'm not unhappy with it I dont think its what its all hyped up to be thats all.

Latest posts

Back