Latest dodgy sounding claim (IMHO)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Saw in Gems say something like .. our customers control the price not the market ...

Just how as customers do we do that? If something don't sell does it keep reducing the price until it hits £1 or less? Nope they move on. So how can they claim that?

PJ

Saw in Gems say something like .. our customers control the price not the market ...

Just how as customers do we do that? If something don't sell does it keep reducing the price until it hits £1 or less? Nope they move on. So how can they claim that?

PJ

hmmm when they did away with the REAL falling auction format they lost the right to make this claim ....with any degree of honesty at any rate!!!

PJ

?????

Don't customers control the price to a large extent with most products that are sold? If you don't like the price, don't buy. If no one buys the seller can't sell so will either drop the price or drop the product.

INMHO.....Gems has improved a lot since Christmas, refunds are better , customer service agents are better, and the jewellery is what it is ......internet/telly shopping jewellery, which a reputable high street jeweller can spot a mile off . But it is fun to buy , not the bargains Gems claim but going for a fair price for what it is worth. Reputable high street jewellers tend not to sell hollowed out gold shanks or hyperventilate about , what are most of the time semi precious stones. But we buy from Gems TV because we love the sparkle and it makes it affordable for us folk to chop and change jewellery to accessorize our outfit of the day. (But shopping telly channels beware, I walked into a very upmarket jeweller and made them a silly offer on a fantastic piece of jewellery and they accepted !! Now, THAT was a bargain because the shank was solid and heavy and it was a gemstone of sapphire and diamonds, maybe everybody is feeling the recession?????)
Anyways , I think Gems has improved but what I can't watch is the constant load of over sell garbage that comes out of the mouths of 90% of the female presenters on Gems. "Rare, rare, genuinely. trust me, best piece I have ever seen, Chanel quality,AAAAAAAAAAA standard but not graded. hard to tell the differnce between white topaz and diamonds, best diamonds on the planet " etc etc.

Please someone tell their training school at Gems , the days of hard sell 'Snatch IT' are gone , times have changed , we all have access to the internet and can do our own research, other jewellery shopping channels sell with far more style.

PLEASE STOP the rubbish and blatant lies and give us all a bit of credit for the little bit of intelligence us shopping telly punters may have!!!

?????

Don't customers control the price to a large extent with most products that are sold? If you don't like the price, don't buy. If no one buys the seller can't sell so will either drop the price or drop the product.

For me though, that claim makes it sound like the old bid.tv days when you could enter a bid and the person who bid the most won, whatever the price is. That is what that claim says to me anyway. I hasten to add the famous an acronym IMHO as that is what it is :)~

Latest posts

Back