pressure sales

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jasper1

Registered Shopper
I cannot believe the way the likes of Victoria Norris Lynn Jinx and Scott worsfold conduct themselves on GemsTv. Today I heard Victoria Norris go on and on about an emerald ring that she had never seen before at the price it was to be sold at. This morning Lynn Garnet oh sorry Jinks had the same ring it was the deal of the day!!!! So Norris knew the price it is so false so boring and Worsfold goes on and on in the same vain. It is quite refreshing to see presenters like Ian Danter and Lee Clarke who chat away without treating the viewers like complete idiots. Steve Bennett should take note and moderate these presenters s they are such a turn off

I cannot watch Gems TV female presenters , they burble on about the best ever , they have ever seen and constantly asking us to trust them................yeah right? I love Gems and jewellery but shake my head at the porkies they tell. The words like beautiful and gorgeous are so drawn out and then the Oscar award winning gasp at an item in the box.

I am itching to buy something but I only have to listen these female presenters being so economical with the truth and I hop to another jewellery channel, so bad are the Gems lot I have taken to watching on the internet the Rocks and Co sister channel in GERMAN!!!! LOL

Lee Clarke for example is very watch able, brings humour and a bit slick with the sales but he chats in general making the show interesting even if the jewellery isn't.

When the highly entertaining female presenters are on you could play hyperbole bingo. Take a sip of wine or lager every time you hear "absolutely" or "incredible" or "stunning" and you will get sloshed in next to no time :sun:

When the highly entertaining female presenters are on you could play hyperbole bingo. Take a sip of wine or lager every time you hear "absolutely" or "incredible" or "stunning" and you will get sloshed in next to no time :sun:

Good 'un. Just a few more things to add. Take a sip...
... for every second it takes them to open the presentation boxes and show the jewellery being sold.
... every time the presenter implies the item is brand new when it (or something very similar) has been sold before (eg. "Wow, I've never seen anything like this before...")
... every blatant lie told. (eg. "This ring would cost ten times as much on the High St.") Warning: you might end up draining a whole keg of beer with some presenters.
... every time they criticise other companies, whether overtly or subtly. Take two sips if the criticism is about something they themselves have done/do. (eg. "Unlike some other companies, we only sell natural gemstones".)

The fact that many of the male presenters have a much calmer and more informal style and describe the jewellery factually, which as a customer is what most people want, rather than OTT descriptives was one of the items discussed in some depth at last weeks "meet the customer" day at Gems. Though as I type an immediate exception springs to mind that being Emma.

Of course the presenters have now evolved their own styles but an assurance was given that this will be a standing agenda item at future training sessions, so hopefully, this will improve but it will, I suspect take time.

The fact that many of the male presenters have a much calmer and more informal style and describe the jewellery factually, which as a customer is what most people want, rather than OTT descriptives was one of the items discussed in some depth at last weeks "meet the customer" day at Gems. Though as I type an immediate exception springs to mind that being Emma.

Of course the presenters have now evolved their own styles but an assurance was given that this will be a standing agenda item at future training sessions, so hopefully, this will improve but it will, I suspect take time.

I agree that the fellas are much more watchable, lower pitch voices which is easier on the ear, calmer presentations and less 'gesticulating'. Btw I haven't seen little Jim on Xtra recently, hope he's still around.

Change of topic....just heard about a 'closeout sale' on at mid-day, another huge auction (750) of rings set with pale blue diamonds, wonder if its set in silver!

is there anywhere we can see what was discussed at the meet the customer day and what assurances were given ??? I would love to see

Not something that was raised and I have no idea whether what was discussed etc will be mentioned through Scoop etc, though I note Steve made a passing reference to the event in his Tookie hour this morning. What I am confident of is that the suggestions that were made and that can be addressed by Gems won't be ignored (even though some of the ideas will take time) - the Gems team gave up a generous amount of time, were clearly very serious about the meeting and took copious notes about what was raised so they could accurately feedback to relevant parties etc and ensure where action could be taken it was. Items discussed at the meeting I went to were broad ranging. Some of the things discussed were: "the diamond grading", programming ideas, packing and packaging, Gems communication, quality control, sound effects and photographs. There were others but I don't have my notes to hand and they don't spring to mind while I am typing this.

To me Gems had already demonstrated prior to the meeting how serious they were about listening and acting on views anyway. They were very quick to make a start on the nails and "clothing" issue. Yes ok there is the occasional slippage but how much classier and stylish do the lady presenters look now and I for one very much appreciate the efforts that have been made by all concerned regarding that alone.

I assume no one mentioned Steve's Nails, they looked vile today, (spotted by a guest in my house).

:mysmilie_483: I have a vague memory that the generally disgusting state of his nails were mentioned.

She is at it again that Lynn Garnet This is genuinally the best emerald she has ever seen and is the best ever ever deal on emeralds she has seen. She must have forgot she sold the pendant £10 cheaper yesterday!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back