Watch what you say,Dennice.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

chicken-licken

Registered Shopper
The other day on a "fashion"programme,Dennice was chatting with the model(Lynn,I think) and saying that they don't know of anyone who doesn't live in a heated house and that nobody needs jumpers or warm clothes anymore even in winter.Well,those two may move in circles where everyone can afford to keep their houses hot,but what an insensitive thing to say.I can certainly not be classed as hard-up,but living in the country and having to rely on oil heating,our heating costs for just moderate warmth, not counting electricity bills,now run to over £3,000 a year,so I for one will be putting on the cardies and wrapping up in a duvet when sitting watching telly.Don't these people ever think about the folks who have to choose between heat or eat ? Please think about showing a bit of sensitivity before coming out with these hurtful remarks in future,dennice.

hi
i agree, i too have to rely on oil filled radiators, and ive only got a 2 bedroom cottage but our electricity bills are now over 1200 a year, we too will be wrapping up this winter and making do, we cant afford to heat the whole house this winter.

I didn't see that, but in my work fuel poverty is a major issue and apart from that we NEED to conserve energy, obviously, they simply earn too much to know what it's like in the real world!

Mind you, you are talking about a woman who says she is buying everything she sells.
She probably has 2 homes - one (probably unheated) just to store all her slinkys and other tat and another to live in.
But yes, she has become totally irritating - too obviously greedy and now, thoughtless as well it appears.

awwwww its a shame cause i actually really like Dennice!!! but i heard something the other day that made me think a little............i buy alot of my things because of the say so of the sales people on IW and CC, be honest, we all do!!! at first if you havent bought a particular item before and havent heard of any bad things about it, what the presenters say about it kinda decides for you whether to buy it or not, so these presenters are really sales people and i realised most of them are only interested that you buy the item, i really thought they were kind caring people who wouldnt sell you something unless they endorse it, well.....i bought purely mineral only on the say so of Dennice.......its good dont get me wrong, however, with IW you get 3-4 different mineral make up suppliers and i didnt know which one to go for so i went with Dennice saying she uses it all the time and bought some for her daughter and she wouldnt use anything else, then, a couple of weeks ago, another mineral make up was on and she said, i always use this, i wouldnt let anything else near my face, its so good, i bought my daughter some!!! i must be either very gullible or too trusting cause i really believed that these people cared about what they were selling to us......what an idiot ive been!!! in future i am gonna ask around and get an unbiased answer before buying:confused:

awwwww its a shame cause i actually really like Dennice!!! but i heard something the other day that made me think a little............i buy alot of my things because of the say so of the sales people on IW and CC, be honest, we all do!!! at first if you havent bought a particular item before and havent heard of any bad things about it, what the presenters say about it kinda decides for you whether to buy it or not, so these presenters are really sales people and i realised most of them are only interested that you buy the item, i really thought they were kind caring people who wouldnt sell you something unless they endorse it, well.....i bought purely mineral only on the say so of Dennice.......its good dont get me wrong, however, with IW you get 3-4 different mineral make up suppliers and i didnt know which one to go for so i went with Dennice saying she uses it all the time and bought some for her daughter and she wouldnt use anything else, then, a couple of weeks ago, another mineral make up was on and she said, i always use this, i wouldnt let anything else near my face, its so good, i bought my daughter some!!! i must be either very gullible or too trusting cause i really believed that these people cared about what they were selling to us......what an idiot ive been!!! in future i am gonna ask around and get an unbiased answer before buying:confused:

I think it would be a dishonest person who said they had never bought anything because of the snake oil sales methods used by the "presenters"!

I have never liked Dennice, she's either wafflling about her daughters or about all the IW tatt that she own. I thought they only sold craft now! :D I expect the airbrushed photo's to appear anytime soon.:D

I have never liked Dennice, she's either wafflling about her daughters or about all the IW tatt that she own. I thought they only sold craft now! :D I expect the airbrushed photo's to appear anytime soon.:D

they only let her do Craft Extravaganza's now - (basically the sale) and she sometimes covers when Stephanie & Co are doing something better. She drove Joanna sheen mad on a craft show - so don't think they know what to do with her. yes she does go on about her daughter too much - it makes me cringe sometimes.:52:

Why cant they just tell you about the item they are selling and leave their private lives at home, I need to know what size, colour ,price ect not what makeup she is buying for her DD.

Latest posts

Back