Welo opal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
I've just seen the banner saying 'TJC launches Ethiopian Welo opal'. Does anyone know when? Has it been and gone? What were they like? There are a few bracelets on the website, but no rings, pendants or earrings.

Ooops - just answered my own question, by looking at the News section of the Forum: it's launching on Saturday.

I noticed that the bracelets currently on the website are faceted; I love faceted opal, and you don't often see it, but the opal has to be very clear otherwise it doesn't really work.

Those opals seem quite nice for 'budget end' jewellery - definitely worth taking a look...

Well, I've stuck it out for a good hour and I'm sure they're appealing to many.

I like opals but not seen anything particularly exciting with these, very little variation in colour and mostly in the same old boring designs that TJC seem so reluctant to change.

Also, if you haven't already worked it out, you will need to purchase 6 items to qualify for the £9.99 ceiling on P&P!! :down:

Am off to watch Trooping the Colour!

I have just received the Ethiopian opal ring I ordered, and am pleased to say the opal is beautiful: it may be cheap, but it's NOT nasty! I would definitely recommend these pieces to any opal lover, and the price seems excellent. I'm planning to start a collection...

Here is a photo of my Welo opal ring from TJC. (The rubellite accent stones might not be to everyone's tastes, but they had plenty of plain designs too.)

I did the 'best of 3' thing in order to select the nicest opal, but in fact ALL of them were lovely (and I ended up selecting the one with the nicest rubellites).

This is some of the nicest Ethiopian opal I've seen, as well as being the cheapest: the ring (which is set in sterling silver) was £39.99. I've now ordered a bracelet and earrings!

Attachments

• Welo opal & rubellite ring.jpg
    Welo opal & rubellite ring.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 210
P.S. For anyone who is coveting that particular ring, it's available now on the TJC website for £40.95 (and there's a 10% off voucher code shown on the website for catalogue items, so you can get it for £36.85 + p&p).

Latest posts

Back