TJC Summer Tea Party 2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Did anyone else get an invite to this?? It's taking place in Knightsbridge on 3/7 and will launch Green Tanzanite :thinking: which is presumably rarer than a rare thing....

Not me, don't think I spend enough money anymore.

Behave yourself if you're going – resist any temptation to pelt Chloe or Stacey with the scones!! :cake:

Well I think I've certainly spent enough to warrant an invite and I haven't had one either. They've mentioned an open day as a competition prize recently, I wonder if that includes a rummage in the vault ? I don't know if that's the same thing though

I got an invitation a few weeks ago to a TJC Summer Tea Party, but my invite is for 2nd July, in Knightsbridge. If your invite is for the 3rd maybe they're having two, mine needed a reply by the 14th June.
I'm definitely going, looking forward to meeting all the presenters. Invite states guests receive and "exclusive goody bag", hoping it may contain a nice Iliana or Rhapsody piece...some hope, more likely to be "Karis". If it's the same event, one of us is going on the wrong day....

Last edited:
My mistake PP I just had another look and it is the 2nd. I wasn't going anyway so at least I wouldn't have turned up on the wrong day. :mysmilie_61:

Hi all,
I am going on the 2nd July as well. I am lookng foward to meeting all the presenters and staff at TJC. It should be a nice day and a great excuse to visit Harrods im the morning!

I got an invite too although I haven't bought anything for some time.
Won't be there though as I'll be on holiday

I got an invite too although I haven't bought anything for some time.
Won't be there though as I'll be on holiday

Hi

Wonder if anyone has got an invite to the tea party but don't intend going? I would love to go as I would love to see the green tanzanite tjc is unveiling.

Could anyone pls let me know if there's a spare tic.

Thanks. Lin:wonder:

Tea party

Hi all
Just returned from the TJC event today!

I set up and run customer events and today was perfect, great hosts, lots of jewellery (to die for) great venue and lovely champagne and afternoon tea. I was driving so only a few sips of bubbly

I met some lovely customers and a lady who flew in from Ireland. I am still smiling following my second place win of a Colombian emerald bead necklace liana and a goodie bag stuffed with jewellery making kit and a huge bag of gemstones to make into necklaces and earrings. We were also given a charm bracelet that is similar to the most famous one beginning with a P this is a new range.

On a serious note I spoke to the MD and I think I put my foot in it. I don't like the new
bonded stuff or the fake stuff and said so. I know why TJC are doing this and it makes
sense. However TJC is not QVC. I have just taken all the fake stones out of my
platinum and gold jewellery that I bought from QVC many years ago to sell as scrap so that I can buy the real deal in this case a Rhapsody emerald ring

We filled in a customer survey form, three things you like and three improvements.
DX account manager was there to find out what we think. I am quite lucky my DX man
has been delivery for many years. I did mention that I was quite happy for the parcel
to be posted through the post box instead waiting for a redelivery. Another customer
mentioned that she has to take leave and wait in for delivery. I am sure that TJC
would be interested in your comments about improvements to delivery.

I asked about the new bespoke service for setting loose gemstones. If I remember correctly the commission will be carried out in the UK by a TJC partner with the full CAD to wax mould. I am very please about this and will use this service in the future for my emerald ring. Also TJC may be bring in smaller sizes in rings

Sorry for any typo, iPad not very good for scrolling up and down
I met Stacey, QoS, Sara-Lou, Sara C, Derek G and Derek M. We all have opinions about our favourites. I found all to be charming and delightful. I asked QoS if she was coming back full time and sadly no. Derek g and m very charming. S-L and Stacey very pretty and bubbly ladies.

I tried on a RHapsody Tanzanite and PT. Stunning. I didn't get a chance to see the green Tanzanite very popular.

I don't have any dirt to dish. I had a wonderful day with the TJC team

Glad you had a great time I was envious of those attending the event but even if I got a ticket its a bit far to travel for me for a day.Would love to have seen the jewellery you tried on were any of them for sale at the event?I get my goods delivered to a friend's house and they are always put through the letter box. Agree with you not keen on the Karis stuff but at least you were there to give your opinion.

I asked about the new bespoke service for setting loose gemstones. If I remember correctly the commission will be carried out in the UK by a TJC partner with the full CAD to wax mould. I am very please about this and will use this service in the future for my emerald ring. Also TJC may be bring in smaller sizes in rings

Glad it was worth the trip, especially winning the necklace!

I'm waiting for a quote from TJC using above service - to covert and Iliana emerald solitaire and a pair of diamond earrings into a ring. Just hoping it won't be megabucks!

Hi all
Just returned from the TJC event today!

I set up and run customer events and today was perfect, great hosts, lots of jewellery (to die for) great venue and lovely champagne and afternoon tea. I was driving so only a few sips of bubbly

I met some lovely customers and a lady who flew in from Ireland. I am still smiling following my second place win of a Colombian emerald bead necklace liana and a goodie bag stuffed with jewellery making kit and a huge bag of gemstones to make into necklaces and earrings. We were also given a charm bracelet that is similar to the most famous one beginning with a P this is a new range.

On a serious note I spoke to the MD and I think I put my foot in it. I don't like the new
bonded stuff or the fake stuff and said so. I know why TJC are doing this and it makes
sense. However TJC is not QVC. I have just taken all the fake stones out of my
platinum and gold jewellery that I bought from QVC many years ago to sell as scrap so that I can buy the real deal in this case a Rhapsody emerald ring

We filled in a customer survey form, three things you like and three improvements.
DX account manager was there to find out what we think. I am quite lucky my DX man
has been delivery for many years. I did mention that I was quite happy for the parcel
to be posted through the post box instead waiting for a redelivery. Another customer
mentioned that she has to take leave and wait in for delivery. I am sure that TJC
would be interested in your comments about improvements to delivery.

Sorry for any typo, iPad not very good for scrolling up and down
I met Stacey, QoS, Sara-Lou, Sara C, Derek G and Derek M. We all have opinions about our favourites. I found all to be charming and delightful. I asked QoS if she was coming back full time and sadly no. Derek g and m very charming. S-L and Stacey very pretty and bubbly ladies.

I tried on a RHapsody Tanzanite and PT. Stunning. I didn't get a chance to see the green Tanzanite very popular.

I don't have any dirt to dish. I had a wonderful day with the TJC team

Hi all, just remembered,

TJC want to know if we would like an "easy pay" option, I said no, I would be tempted to buy more! If this is something that you want, send in a message. On reflection, I think this is a good idea, I can buy more expensive times and spread over a few months. I am going to send a note to TJC to say " I think this is a good idea!"

Also, included in the goodie bag

1)10% voucher for one days of purchases
2)Safeguard voucher for a free ring re-size
3)free Safeguard valuation on a TJC item
4)TJC Mug
5)Pen ( I hubby thought that I lifted this from the event, what a cheek! maybet he one off Tanzy or PT!)
6)Jewellery cleaning cloth
7)A booklet by Gemfileds a partner of TJC here is the web site, www.gemfields.co.uk Lots of emeralds
8) Corporate Iliana chocolate bars (putting in the fridge for later)
9)TJC little mirror compact for makeup (just found it)

As goodie bags go, this is impressive!

Last edited:
Glad you had a great time I was envious of those attending the event but even if I got a ticket its a bit far to travel for me for a day.Would love to have seen the jewellery you tried on were any of them for sale at the event?I get my goods delivered to a friend's house and they are always put through the letter box. Agree with you not keen on the Karis stuff but at least you were there to give your opinion.

Hi Emerald,

TJC had a three table full of jewellery, One off Rhapsody and Iliana in a box with a secuirty guard nearby. They had a 2ct diamond that just sparkled I thought it was a pink diamond becuase it picked up the overhead lighting and shimmered a pale pinky colour. I saw Watches and Green Tanzanite (could not get near due to popularity)

All the jewellery was for sale and I think they sold several "one off pieces" including the tanzy ring and PT ring that I tried on. Some very serious TJC customer with lots of cash to spend. One lady stuck a very large tanzy under my nose when I was looking at the loose gemstones and declared that her Rhapsody ring was bigger!

Latest posts

Back