Tjc blocks accounts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hilda Wood

Registered Shopper
TJC blocked my account after £8000 of purchases, because I had "sent too many items back".
My sister just rang me. She has sent three of three items back (all high value) but tried to order an opal bracelet not an hour ago. Her account is now blocked presumably for the same reason.
Whats with the "if you dont like it just send it back for a full refund - no problem" statement you hear over and over again. This is a selling feature you rely on when buying jewellery off the tv.:sad:

I was just thinking about this, and I wonder if it is even legal? It seems very close to being penalised for exercising your statutory rights. It would be worth contacting Trading Standards to find out...

Meanwhile, if you are keen to continue shopping with them (although I could well understand if you never wanted to buy from them again), I suppose there's nothing to stop you opening another account with a different e-mail address and a variation of your name...

I've read this forum and chosen to not to check my basket out tonight and once my I get a refund back on my card , for returning an item that was defiantly not as described by the luverly Stacey. I am going to close my account. I am fed up of the 10 day-30 day guarantee thingy, the P & P chaos , selling brass rings and selling bracelets for £9.99 that are only worth £1.99. Items taking an age to turn up , if at all.
So funny enough Gems TV doesn't look so bad after all .

And as Miss Magpie's experience with the missing emerald stone , I had the same thing a few years back but it was a 1.9ct Iliana Emerald and just out of then 30 day money guarantee and after looking for the ring for over 5 weeks TJC told they could help but wanted a rip off replacement Emerald cost. My household insurance looked at the ring and replaced the stone but told me the four claw prongs were weak and poor. So I ebayed the ring and got just under my money back.

I going to be sensible and let my head rule my heart and say good bye to TJC

I am very shocked to read this. :eek: I am a serial returner because I'm very fussy so this policy will definately affect me. :down:

I am shocked too at this new policy (unless of course its computer error). Why offer MBG if they are going to block accounts :thinking:

I was just thinking I haven't bought any bling since the CE purchase, well this new introductions recently and after the stone falling out episode I certainly am not going to buy from TJC.

I was really shocked to hear about account blocking as I regularly return pieces. I bought a pearl, aquamarine and black agate bracelet (9.99). It would have been nice if there weren't chunks missing out of the aquamarine. Quality control is declining and I'm alarmed that customers are being penalised for exercising their rights in returning items. If it's not a mistake it sounds like rather a desperate measure. The phrase 'trust TJC' (which they use regularly) comes to mind. Miss Magpie is correct in highlighting the legality of this. Distance selling regulations provide the consumer with a cooling-off period of seven working days. I generally try to send things back asap, but I'm not sure about the legal standing of the 30 day MBG. Mind you if they are putting that statement out there they need to stick to it.

Wow am really shocked by this news. I don't send much back unless something is wrong with it. My sisters and I have spent thousands on TJC and my older sister had loads of problems with lost stones etc.I tend only to buy small items but a lot of them,though I was looking for a nice diamond prezzy for my birthday which is very soon. Hubby told me to that if I see something I like to get it, but this has put me off a little. I noticed the increase in postage and phoned to check it they said the most you would pay in one day is £4.95 , and I agree delivery is much slower these days. I hope they realise that customers are important especially when you hear every day about well known high street businesses closing down.

Have you been told by TJC that this is a new policy and that your account has been blocked for sending too much back, or could it just be a computer error? I think legally a company is not obliged to sell to anyone, so in theory I think they could close an account and refuse to sell to someone.

If they are going to have this crazy policy, they should have the good manners not to count returns when they are faulty. Should count neither really but this would make it slightly fairer. When you sell goods that you can not see you are going to get returns - simple as that.

PJ

I'm not shocked to read this. It's been going on for ages AND it's across all the jewellery channels. GemsTV definitely had this policy in the past (no idea if they still do).

I think that some people constantly order lots of stuff and never keep anything. I guess that at some point the jewellery companeis have to ask themselves whether they need the stock more or that particular customer. I'm not defending their position by the way just saying that I know it happens. I do agree that if this is a policy then it should most definitely discount returns because of faults.

Latest posts

Back