Is it viable?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Argos stores are so easily accessible to most , that having an argos shopping channel is not so much a complementary addition, but an unnecessary one which I cannot see as being financially profitable for the company. Also, will they be charging p+p? Peopple won't pay this when they can pop down to the local argos and pick it up. The option is there to order online and collect in store, so the entire experience can't exactly be made any easier. I don't think this channel will have too long a shelf life. It certainly won't rival QVC, but then I think the target buyer is different, considering the range of goods offered by both outlets.

I think it will work. On their website, it says you can order online, and pick it up from the store, or they can deliver many of the products. - They want a channel, not neceserally to sell products through it like QVC/IW/Bid Etc. it is to demonstrate products, as many people are put off by their low prices thinking that they wont work, so demonstrating them live on tv will prove otherwise.

Exactly Ben! And how amazing was that iPod with no p&p? I think the fact I can pick up without paying p&p is amazing. You don't see other channels doing that!

Picking an item from a static picture in a catalogue is not the same as seeing it demonstrated. I don't expect Argos will care whether you buy from the TV or, having watched the demo, go and buy in store - as long as you buy! As a means of advertising/promotion it is probably worth the cost to them, at least for a while, to expand their customer base or whatever.

I like the idea of the channel, nothing can beat a well executed product demo.

However, I can't seem to watch it any more than 30 seconds at a time at the moment because of that god-awful music! Actually does my head in! I think it single handedly devalues Argos' brand and makes it seem incredibly tacky. But thats just my opinion :)

Could stay the coarse, QVC is just a nickers channel now it's a wonder the male presenters are not told to ware a dress.

Hi,
I think it will work and I like the idea of the channel.it is to demonstrate products, as many people are put off by their low prices.
good luck tabber

Latest posts

Back