Disappointed!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beading Belle

Registered Shopper
I bought a SS emerald ring in August and wore at the most 4 times. I saw a stone missing when I e-mailed CS. Was told to post it out so they could assess and see what happened.

This is the reply I received. I am disappointed as this is NOT wear and tear and has put me right off ordering in future. I don't wear my bling that often for the stone to fall off :devil:

I have e-mailed them back to say the same and have asked for a manager to read the mail too!!

We are sorry to learn that that you have had a problem with the above item and can confirm that it has been passed to our quality control department for evaluation.

Our senior jeweller has examined this item and confirms the following:
Jewellers report:
As you can see from the images, there is impact damage (indentation)to the claw. This would have compromised the stone setting and caused the stone to be lost. Stone will be replaced - ring required rhodium plating and polish.

As indicated in the above report this item has been damaged with wear and as such it is not available for either a refund or a warranty repair.

However, this item can be repaired and restored to its new condition through our expert internal repairs department. The cost for this repair will be £20.00 plus return secure postage and packing at £5.99.

The total amount payable will be £25.99 including return postage and VAT and can be paid via your credit or debit card.

How irritating BB, the cost of the repair is negligible and to keep a valuable customer should be carried out as a good will gesture at the very least. Shame on you TJC!:down:

Jewellers report:
As you can see from the images, there is impact damage (indentation)to the claw. This would have compromised the stone setting and caused the stone to be lost. Stone will be replaced - ring required rhodium plating and polish.

As indicated in the above report this item has been damaged with wear and as such it is not available for either a refund or a warranty repair.

However, this item can be repaired and restored to its new condition through our expert internal repairs department. The cost for this repair will be £20.00 plus return secure postage and packing at £5.99.

Cheeky beggars! :eek: I see from your pic BB (thanks for posting) that its a two prong marquise cut stone that's fallen out. With this type of setting the quality of workmanship should be 100% perfect....and obviously wasn't in this case as the stone was lost after very little use. Hope TJC reconsider their decision as its a very pretty ring.

I know times are hard at the moment, but this just seems cheapskate - and who wants to lose a valuable customer? What's more, the Sale of Goods Act says that goods must be both 'durable' and 'fit for purpose', so it would definitely be worth contacting Trading Standards to see what they say.

I will wait for them to reply before taking any futher actions. I won't be getting the ring repaired at my cost as the ring would then cost me £60 and what are the chances of the other emeralds falling out!!

I had a similar problem with a tanzy pendant few years back. Kavita who has left now (CS) got that pendant repaired no problem and said that the gemstone should not fall out after a few days of wearing. That was well after 6 months of purchase too!!

Result. My e-mail was passed on to Miles, who called me and yes on inspection of the ring he did believe me that the ring had only been worn a few times and has sent it off to be repaired free of charge.

A big thank you to Miles :up::clapping::up:

Better start saving for the diamond ring that has been on my wish list for a while :wink:

Glad it worked out for you it did seem a bit shortsided not to repair a ring from someone who is obviously an established customer in which loss of sales may cost more in the long term.There seems to be losts of confusion within the company at present e.g. changing the P&P and guarantee times back and forth and I suppose it must be harder for all the companies with the recession and the price of gold I sometimes wonder if they will all survive but despite their faults would be sad to see them go as recently on holiday in europe I did some window shopping and down my local town even the price of silver and pale amethyst and citrine pieces seemed expensive to me.Hope they can keep going but still be fair to loyal customers Miles seems to be a great asset for them.

Latest posts

Back