Halogen oven refund!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dizzynana

Registered Shopper
:down:My Halogen oven broke and to cut along story short they have refunded the money according to the letter recieved today datyed 14th june......well I have checked bank details and up to now no money from them has been deposited....although the letter states it has...I will give it till Monday and then will ring customer services. Can anyone give me the number please, not the overseas one the UK one. :mysmilie_512:

It's more likely the result of sluggish banking; it might have left IW but hasn't cleared into your account yet. It drives me nuts that so many of my payments leave my a/c instantly but money coming in takes so many working days to clear!

I hope you get it sorted soon

J xx

Thank you, I have never returned anything but I dont buy much so have no experience, thank you for the info..Joanxxx

Hi Lottie thank you for the phone numbers and yes I will say no to he 0870 numbers, when OH rang to order the Halogen oven last year they did alsorts to keep him on the phone, then he realised after he got off it how long he had been on and how much it cost him, so now theres no way he will ring it again,Joanxxx

:down:My Halogen oven broke and to cut along story short they have refunded the money according to the letter recieved today datyed 14th june......well I have checked bank details and up to now no money from them has been deposited....although the letter states it has...I will give it till Monday and then will ring customer services. Can anyone give me the number please, not the overseas one the UK one. :mysmilie_512:

Perhaps you're being a bit quick off the mark. According to their website you should "allow five to seven working days for your refund to show in your account."

If they processed your return on 14 June you may not receive the refund until 23 June.

Thanks Martinjay, will tell OH, we have no experience in returning goods, so will check the bank on the said date,TBH OH is impatient at times lol, Joanxxxx

NOpe not come is as yet and today is the 24th anyway hes going to ring the 01733 number l8r but thanks for asking, will let you know when and if...Joanxxxxx

what a palava its been paid to our no longer existing card the bank refised it and it was sent to IW, been on the phone since 5.30pm and to and fro its doing hubbys head in and then some.........so wheres the money all gone.....even the bank are perplexed, no doubt we will sort it out eventually.

been on to the bank and been through the mill with it and its now gone into dispute as they have blamed the bank and essentially took the money and ran, will never ever buy from IW again as longas I have breath in my body

HI Lottie it was valid but they are now in dispute with the bank as they cant find any refund anywhere at all, it seems that this type of thing is commonplace. and one of the ladies in india was very dejected on the phone, the card was with alliance and Leister in 2010, but was changes to santander this year, but it doesnt matter the account no is the same......shocking practice so far

HI Lottie it was valid but they are now in dispute with the bank as they cant find any refund anywhere at all, it seems that this type of thing is commonplace. and one of the ladies in india was very dejected on the phone, the card was with alliance and Leister in 2010, but was changes to santander this year, but it doesnt matter the account no is the same......shocking practice so far

Ah, Santander. Say no more. I read the Money Saving Expert forums and there are literally hundreds of complaints there about the bank.

To be fair to Ideal World it's common practice to refund to the card that was used for the original purchase. One of the reason given is that it helps prevent money laundering.

The refund has probably ended up in a Santander suspense account.

HI all sorry I have not been on for a while, trumas in the family, well heres the thing OH opened his credit card statement yesterday, and the refund has gone to that, but we boughtit on a debit card, we did however buy another one for my daughters Christmas pressy, on a credit card, I know I sentthe right invoice back, and bam daughters is broke ho hum, but out of guarantee, so off to buy a halogen bulb for it and hopefully that will be fixed, in the meantime I am lost without mine but OH wants one with a hinged lid and wont buy from Ideal World anymore, it like being in a rock or a hard place, byeeeeeeJoanxx

Latest posts

Back