Rocks & Co. Renaissance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Avid

Registered Shopper
Anyone else loving watching Rocks & Co at the moment?

R&C seem to be going from strength to strength. Their designs are arguably the best out of all the dedicated jewellery channels. They have listened to their customers and improved gold weights. The guest gem experts have refined and improved their presenting style for the better. And, Don Kogen, well, he's just a natural in front of the cameras.

I was watching the Welo opal show yesterday; all the other channels have this stone but Rocks & Co have, IMO, won hands down with their settings and prices [Sadly, I missed out on a beautiful gold pendant. Too many bidders!].

My only gripe is that they no longer do silver. R&C, if you are reading this, can you please consider doing a silver range again?

You do have to give R&C a bit of credit - they have improved the gold weights and you don't see the heavily windowed stones that you used to either. At the same time though, while R&C and TJC have been faffing about with formats, graphics, presenting styles, P&P, types of jewellery (i.e brass etc), presenters, guarrantee times and God knows what else, R&C have stuck to the same format they've been doing since they brought the auction format in, the same T&Cs, their presenters have evolved over time by either good additions (Vicki), improving (Jeri) or been brought back (John) andthey have stuck with their own niche - gemstones, generally somewhat out of the ordinary, in gold. That's what they do. No sudden random shifts, nice and steady. And it seems to work. That's why I don't think they should start doing silver again - you know what you're getting when you switch R&C on whereas with TJC its either one extreme (tat) or the other (Iliana). So good on Rocks & Co!

I like R&C too, it's the channel I choose to watch whenever I can. The designs are usually pretty interesting, although I am always surprised at the teeny weeny diamond accents. I've never actually bought a R&C piece, they're definitely the pricier channel, but like definiteness I like the steadiness of the channel and the presenters. One day I will buy something from them, and boy I am looking forward to that day!

CountessK, I would strongly advise that you consider a rainbow moonstone piece, if you are at all interested in that gemstone. Rainbow moonstone is my favourite gemstone and I have lots of it, and Rock's & Co's rainbow moonstone is the best you'll see anywhere. Unlike some gemstones (e.g. sphene) they haven't hiked the price up to a ridiculous level, either, so you will get your money's worth.

I've noticed that they quite often have moonstone as the 'Rocks Star', so that would be worth keeping an eye on.

Latest posts

Back