Not such a garden bargain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
I ordered £80 worth of items from the Garden Bargains arm of IW in early April. There were a trickle of deliveries but by late May (and after phone calls to them) two of the items I ordered still hadn't arrived. I felt enough was enough and asked for a refund of the £23.

I phoned their customer services today and was put on hold for almost five minutes. Eventually I was told that I'd have to wait three weeks for my refund. I explained that I had phoned a number of times and that I was told on two consecutive occasions that a cheque would be with me by the Friday. I have probably spent a further £10 in phone calls trying to get my money back. But it seems that these phone calls were in vain as, according to the person I spoke with today, no one had requested that the refund be made. IW have £23 of my money which it seems I am unlikely to see again. Not such a bargain.

Thanks Hooded Claw, I have emailed Gareth and received an out of office reply. I have contacted the two people he cited in his message (Lizzie Hughes and John Ackroyd) and am awaiting a reply. I hope it doesn't take as long as the refund...

Latest posts

Back