off air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

silvertears

Guest Shopper
whats up with gems tv anyone know whay its off air the sister channel jewlery maker is off air too

The most likely reason is that they are suffering from a powercut, as their website www.gems.tv is also down.

Would also explain the lack of communication via their twitter and facebook pages :wink2:

Hopefully everything will get restored soon (although looks like its been an hour already!? :blush: )

Last edited:
Hi all...

Sorry for the lack of communication. I am at home, but in contact with the gallery via mobiles. Skytvfreak is correct in saying that there is a power issue at the moment. It has also affected our back-up supply and so we are off air (must remember to get a back-up back-up supply!).

As soon as I know more - I will post it here, FB and Twitter.

Regards,

Barry Kirley

And here I've been for the past half hour, faffing around with my aerial and Freeview box thinking it was just me having problems..... :mysmilie_516::mysmilie_516:

They tweeted late last night that they're off air "due to a technical problem" which i guess is still the explanation ..............:coffee:

Rae is facebooking at the moment "Massive mains electrical fault in GTv area... no power to building!" apparently no one is allowed into the building and they're stuck in the car park. Hope it's not raining ...........

Hope they get things sortedd, both for us customers but mainly for The Bennetts and co, must be horrible forcedbto shut when it is not anything of their doing.

So where is the current pictures being sent out from that are showing at the moment? Do all channels have a back up play out?

PJ

So where is the current pictures being sent out from that are showing at the moment? Do all channels have a back up play out?PJ

The picture or slate you can see on your screens now come from a media playout centre located just outside London.

The electrical problem is still ongoing. No resolution time as of yet.

Regards,

Barry

Last edited:
wow thats a long power issue! hope they get it sorted pdq - must be very frustrating for everyone! And there was me abusing my laptop and IP!!!!

Hi everyone i'm a newby, joined just now!!! And already being cynical!!!!!!!!!!

Is it me or does it all seem very odd!! With today's technology it seems very strange that there is nothing posted on the website, nothing on the internet???? I've not known this happen to any other channel?? As this is going to costs thousands in lost revenue you would think a back up plan would be in place, surely they cannot afford to lose thousands?????????????????????

Is it just me???????????

You should have a slate saying please do not believe the rumours there is no other jewellery channels to watch whilst we are off air :p
Is it effecting a wide area or just a studio problem Barry?

PJ

Having a lazy weekend at home and really missing Gems! I love seeing lovely jewellery on tv and am surprised at how much I miss seeing you guys! Anyway hope the power problem is sorted soon and you're back, you must be losing a lot of money because of this problem.

Is it effecting a wide area or just a studio problem Barry?PJ

I believe its a wider area - but whatever happened, damaged the reserve power too.
However - things have progressed, and while I cannot give you a time, things are looking good!

Regards,

Barry

LATEST NEWS- Gems TV is hoping to be back live at 16:00 on all channels.

The situation is changing all the time - but that is what all the studio engineers are working towards.

Regards,

Barry

Is it me or does it all seem very odd!! With today's technology it seems very strange that there is nothing posted on the website, nothing on the internet???? I've not known this happen to any other channel?? As this is going to costs thousands in lost revenue you would think a back up plan would be in place, surely they cannot afford to lose thousands?????????????????????

Is it just me???????????

Hi Rachy...

As electricity is so important to us as a business we have many redundant supplies - including whole building UPS and sustained generator. (The back-up plan)

The electrical fault was a major failure in the infrastructure of the HV cables leading to Gems TV. (a bit like an underground pylon). This not only took our power away, but also damaged the redundant supplies. Engineers from both Gems TV and the Utilities company are working to restore temporary power now.

Regards,

Barry

faultteam.jpg

This is the cable outside the gates of Gems TV. Very large and very cut!

Regards,

Barry

Is it just me???????????

YES you are being cynical

Latest posts

Back